cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Ring deskphone first before Jabber device

Amine Nouasri
Level 3
Level 3

Is there an option in CUCM where I can delay the Jabber device ring. With mobile connect we have the option to do this by configuring Delay Before Ringing Timer. Trying to do this for a deskphone line shared with a Jabber device.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No, there's no way, it's a shared line, signaling goes to all devices which share the DN at the same time.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No, there's no way, it's a shared line, signaling goes to all devices which share the DN at the same time.

HTH

java

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

Any new possibilities in this regard, given that this was answered 15 months ago?  

I am thinking along the lines of Mobile and Remote Access via Expressway. If I am running the Jabber app on my phone (which is my pocket), it would be great if my desk phone could ring first before my Jabber app does.

No, same thing, as long as it's a shared line and it's registered, the signal will go to all devices that share the number, I don't think that will ever change.

As the OP said, in your case you would need to drop MRA and simply use mobility to ring your phone after your deskphone rings, aside from that, no way to do it.

HTH

java

we are using MRA on CUCM v11 and expressway 8.7.3 

My MRA client does not ringing when 7925  is available, How can it ringing same time both of device are using same partition and same CSS.

Thanks

If it's a shared line, and both are registered, they both should ring.

Troubleshoot from CUCM side in first place, look at traces and see if the ring out is sent to all devices, and if it is, then move over to expressway to make sure you see that going out.

HTH

java

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: