cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Ringtones not working

cpartridge
Level 1
Level 1

Recently my ringtones have stopped working in Jabber.

Not only does it no longer ring when I am receiving a call, but if I go into the settings to choose a new ringtone, hitting the play button does nothing.  The Chat notifications will play but none of the ringtones.

Also when I call someone, there is no ring-back sound.

I am on Version 14.1.1.56904 Build 306904 

I tried to do a repair install but it did not work.

I have not tried removing and re-installing yet.

1 Reply 1

DaveLawang
Level 1
Level 1

Check DND (Do Not Disturb) on CUCM.

CUCM > Device > Open specific device and check if checkbox "Do not disturb" on affected device is checked. On Jabber Mobile it sometimes gets stuck (Defect. I regularly observe it happening on failovers) and incoming calls won't ring at all anymore. Uncheck, save, apply and ringtone should be back.

When you activate DND, you can still receive incoming call notifications on the phone as specified by the
Incoming Call Alert settings in Cisco Unified Communications Manager Administration, but the phone will
not ring, except for high-priority calls (such as Cisco Emergency Responder and MLPP calls). Also, if you
enable DND while the phone is ringing, the phone stops ringing.

Source: https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/12_5_1SU1/cucm_b_feature-configuration-guide-for-cisco1251SU1/cucm_mp_d811ea0d_00_do-not-disturb-12-0.pdf