cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Setting up Jabber 11.5 to save chats to Office 365

kylebrogers
Level 4
Level 4

Has anyone successfully configured Jabber 11.x to save their chat histories into the users' Office 365 mailboxes? I keep getting errors saying the Exchange credentials are incorrect. Below is the relevant portion of my XML file. In addition to this method I have also tried pulling the "CUCM" and "Internal/External" lines out while adding the ExchangeAutoDiscover line to force auto-discovery but that has not worked either.  

<Options>
<EnableSaveChatHistoryToExchange>true</EnableSaveChatHistoryToExchange>
<SaveChatHistoryToExchangeOperationMode>EnabledByDefault</SaveChatHistoryToExchangeOperationMode>
<ExchangeDomain>OURDOMAIN.COM</ExchangeDomain>
<Exchange_UseCredentialsFrom>CUCM</Exchange_UseCredentialsFrom>
<InternalExchangeServer>outlook.office365.com</InternalExchangeServer>
<ExternalExchangeServer>outlook.office365.com</ExternalExchangeServer>
</Options>

10 Replies 10

dbooth
Level 1
Level 1

I'm just testing this feature with Exchange on-premise and I cannot get any combination of <ExchangeAuthenticateWithSystemAccount> or <Exchange_UseCredentialsFrom> to successfully log in to Exchange, it always fails with a credentials error.  The only way I can get it to log in to Exchange is to set <ExchangeAuthenticateWithSystemAccount> to false and to enter credentials into the Jabber client manually.

O365 save chats is working with J4W 11.8.0(49608) the following xml config settings:

<SaveChatHistoryToExchangeOperationMode>EnabledByDefault</SaveChatHistoryToExchangeOperationMode>
   <ExchangeDomain>domain.com</ExchangeDomain>
   <ExchangeAuthenticateWithSystemAccount>false</ExchangeAuthenticateWithSystemAccount>
   <InternalExchangeServer>https://outlook.office365.com</InternalExchangeServer>
   <ExternalExchangeServer>https://outlook.office365.com</ExternalExchangeServer>

The authenticate with system account did not work as expected.

Mikael Hansson
Level 5
Level 5

Did you get this to work with Office 365, and in that case what was the correct configuration for the jabber-config.xml ?

Gregory Lane
Level 1
Level 1

Did anyone get this working for Jabber 11.8 with Office 365.

Cannot get the Jabber Chats Folder to show in Outlook OR the Outlook option to show in Jabber 11.8 client using Jabber 11.8 setuyp guide recommendations....

Does anyone have a working config file for Jabber 11.8 and Office 365??

Thanks All!

jzellner
Level 4
Level 4

We have it working with what you have except the following:

<ExchangeAuthenticateWithSystemAccount>false</ExchangeAuthenticateWithSystemAccount>

<InternalExchangeServer>https://outlook.office365.com</InternalExchangeServer>

<ExternalExchangeServer>https://outlook.office365.com</ExternalExchangeServer>

The auth does not always work in Jabber and disabling and enabling save chats in the client seems to connect up after.

So I've had this working for a little while now.  Once upgrading to 11.8 it now presents me with a Certificate to accept for "outlook.com".  Anyone else running into this?  The issue is the CN doesn't match between "outlook.office365.com" and "outlook.com" Cert.  I'd like to avoid having users accept this Certificate.  Any idea's?

Hi,

Have any one got this working?

We are also facing outlook.com certificates error after enabling this feature in Jabber to save the chat history in outlook client.

You don't need this for O365.

false—The client does not use the user's operating system account details to authenticate to the Exchange server. Instead, users must enter their credentials in the Outlook tab of the Options dialog. If you are using an Office 365 deployment, keep the value as false. 

For me its working. 

<ExchangeAuthenticateWithSystemAccount>False</ExchangeAuthenticateWithSystemAccount>
<InternalExchangeServer>outlook.office365.com</InternalExchangeServer>
<ExternalExchangeServer>outlook.office365.com</ExternalExchangeServer>

Users needs to go in their jabber and save the outlook details. Yes, we do get a popup to accept the certificate, however you can use the GPO to push this certificates to all the clients, or create an user guide to accept this certificate.

Regards,

Alok

Hi, I was able to resolve this by doing more testing.  If you change the Internal/External Server to: outlook.com instead of outlook.office365.com it will work.

<Options><EnableSaveChatHistoryToExchange>true</EnableSaveChatHistoryToExchange><ExternalExchangeServer>outlook.com</ExternalExchangeServer><ExchangeAuthenticateWithSystemAccount>false</ExchangeAuthenticateWithSystemAccount>

<Exchange_UseCredentialsFrom>CUCM</Exchange_UseCredentialsFrom><ExchangeDomain>yourdomain.com</ExchangeDomain>

</Options>

Thanks Eric.

Yes, its working for me too after changing the internal/external server to outlook.com.