Views
Helpful
Replies

Sip trunk to CUCM

Juraj Papic
Level 3
Level 3

Hi all,

I would like to know in what scenarios I have to configure a SIP trunk from the CUCM to the Presence?

thanks. 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

From the configuration guide for CUPS.

Configure SIP Publish Trunk on IM and Presence Service

When you turn on this setting, Cisco Cisco Unified Communications Manager publishes phone presence for all line appearances that are associated with users licensed on Cisco Unified Communications Manager for IM and Presence Service.

This procedure is the same operation as assigning a SIP trunk as the CUP PUBLISH trunk in Cisco Cisco Unified Communications Manager service parameters.

Response Signature

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Not 100% sure, but if memory serve me it's required for any systems from 8.5 and higher. Can't find a document to back that right now, but there is for sure mentioned in various Cisco doc.

Response Signature

Im asking this because I have a customer with a CUCM and IM working and there is no SIP trunk configured.

thanks.

The trunk in itself is not used for IM. It’s use is for presence information, like On a call.

Response Signature

From the configuration guide for CUPS.

Configure SIP Publish Trunk on IM and Presence Service

When you turn on this setting, Cisco Cisco Unified Communications Manager publishes phone presence for all line appearances that are associated with users licensed on Cisco Unified Communications Manager for IM and Presence Service.

This procedure is the same operation as assigning a SIP trunk as the CUP PUBLISH trunk in Cisco Cisco Unified Communications Manager service parameters.

Response Signature

Thanks!!!