cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Some questions about Jabber for windows 9.6

Jacob Berger
Level 2
Level 2

1. the option to control the new call popup window , does it also give control on if window should be displayed? or just placement?

2. is there a option to get a popup with new chat message?

3. when will 9.6 be available for download ? 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

To be honest, I think most of it has been pushed to the wayside in the drive to implement collaboration edge (Jabber connectivity without VPN) and other features seem to have suffered as a result.

9.6 brings underlying changes for Collab Edge, service discovery and certificates but little in the way of any UI changes and still has many outstanding wanted features like call window control, IM popup toast, desktop sharing without an active call, custom contacts (though this is scheduled for 9.7 at the minute), hunt group login, call pickup etc.

Threads like this show that Cisco are willing to listen at least, but still have a long way to go.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Sean McQuade
Level 5
Level 5

Hi Jacob,

There haven't been any changes to the call or IM toasts in 9.6. I've seen from other posts that Cisco are looking into making changes, but there hasn't been anything implemented for 9.6 and don't think there is anything scheduled for 9.7.

Sean

interesting....

i was sure i saw a ETA of Q3 2013 for the call popup window

out IT boss will be very upset....

we need to start thinking about other products (LYNC?) if Cisco doesn't take the customers seriously.

To be honest, I think most of it has been pushed to the wayside in the drive to implement collaboration edge (Jabber connectivity without VPN) and other features seem to have suffered as a result.

9.6 brings underlying changes for Collab Edge, service discovery and certificates but little in the way of any UI changes and still has many outstanding wanted features like call window control, IM popup toast, desktop sharing without an active call, custom contacts (though this is scheduled for 9.7 at the minute), hunt group login, call pickup etc.

Threads like this show that Cisco are willing to listen at least, but still have a long way to go.