cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Some users can not see each other

hwarren02
Level 1
Level 1

We have recently rolled out Jabber to all computers in our company all running windows 7. A group of employees withing close proximity is reporting (and we verified) that some people do not see others as online when they are.

Example: Employee A is online and does not see Employee B as online, however Employee B does see A. Employee B can send an IM to to Employee A after which Employee A is able to respond but can never initiate with Employee B. 

There are at least few users in this situation, and here is the kicker. I myself can see both Employee A and B as online and IM with them.

I have tried updating both A and B to the latest Jabber client, checked firewall/network settings, account settings, reset jabber clients, etc etc to no avail.

Any thoughts?

18 Replies 18

Using the Presence Viewer, I can take an example of one user who does not see another as online...who is currently online. In the presence view it shows this particular contact with a gray indicator with a question mark inside it.

Version info: System version: 9.1.1.30000-3

Here is a snip of the Presence Viewer viewing from the perspective of one user and I tagged at least one contact that shows offline. I know for certain that contact is online and I can see him as online in my normal jabber client.

I am having the same problem. Did anyone find solution to this issue?

Mats Andersson
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, did you manage to solve this? 

I am setting with this problem right now 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: