cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Spark Audio only when connecting to Cisco TelePresence SX20

jeffwhoppe
Level 1
Level 1

I can connect just fine to our Cisco TelePresence SX20 unit with Spark on my laptop.  Good audio on both ends, but no video on either.  I spent 2 hours troubleshooting it with a Cisco tech, but to no avail.  Any help would be appreciated.

5 Replies 5

timbassett
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Jeff, were you able to get anywhere with TAC on the audio only?  We are seeing the same thing with calls form Spark.  Normal B2B calls through the VCS/E pair are fine but Spark calls are audio only.

Are you able to provide more information on the way that the devices are configured and their connectivity (Call Control for SX20, such as VCS or CUCM, or other, any firewalls involved, etc).  I am able to call from Cisco Spark to any of my TelePresence endpoints and have audio and video in both directions.

Wayne
--
Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

In our environment all our TP endpoints are registered to VCS.  We have a VCS-E in the DMZ for B2B calls.  B2B calls have and are working great.  Calls in our out from WebEx CMR work great, we pass audio and video.  It is just calls from Spark (mobile app, or desktop app, doesn't matter) are audio only.  Tested on-net and off-net, same result as is to be expected. 

Running traces on VCS-C/VCS-E I see the call come through as audio only for capabilities.  Still digging into the logs.  I can call into other public devices with SIP URI from my Cisco Spark app so I am pretty sure this is an issue on my VCS configuration for Spark calls.

We have two Cisco TelePresence SX20 units that regularly communicate back and forth, so I do not believe firewalls is an issue. (as a test I turned them off with the same results, audio but no video) Let me know which settings you need me to relay to you and where in the interface I find them.

It was also noted that the Sparks calls disconnects after 2 minutes.

Jeff

Jeff, you get any answers from TAC on the audio only calls from Spark?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: