Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Spark Directory Connector: LDAP Filter not working as expected

Currently we have a couple of manually added users in spark. Now we want to use the Spark Directory Connector to sync our users from AD to Spark. We created a AD Group for all our Spark users and i am using the following LDAP Filter to sync only the members of the AD Group.

LDAP Filter: (memberOf='CN=sparkuser.xxx@xxx.xx,OU=SomeOu,OU=OtherOu,DC=XXX,DC=local')

When i do a dry run the directory is showing that all the members of the AD Group will be deleted, no objects will be added and that no objects are matched. I would expect that the Directory Connector will show no Users will be deleted, all All Members of the AD Group will be added and all members of the AD Group will be matched.

Could anyone point me to right direction so that i will be able to successfully sync the users?

Thanks in advance!

/Robert

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

The issue is solved

We removed the '@' from the AD Group name, and also removed the single qoutes from the LDAP Filter.

So our working LDAP Filter is looking like this: (memberOf=CN=sparkuser.xxx,OU=SomeOu,OU=OtherOu,DC=xxx,DC=local)

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

The issue is solved

We removed the '@' from the AD Group name, and also removed the single qoutes from the LDAP Filter.

So our working LDAP Filter is looking like this: (memberOf=CN=sparkuser.xxx,OU=SomeOu,OU=OtherOu,DC=xxx,DC=local)

i have the same issue. the directory server is part of domain controller.  i am trying to import users who are only part of a group so the ldap filter looks like this.

(memberOf=CN=APP Cisco UC Users,OU=Application OU,OU=test Groups OU,DC=test,DC=on,DC=ca)

the dry run doesnt give me an matched objects. only unmatched objects which happens becuase i have users manually configured in the cloud.

any help to get this working is appreciated.

thanks vijay

Did you get this figured out? I'm running into the same problem.  I used the example in this tread but I still get mismatched objects

I'm having same issue - using same filter format as above but not getting any hits