Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Spark for Windows - Can't log in

Our Windows 7 machines still have IE9 across most of them due to compatibility with some old applications, so they can't log in to the Spark website.

After installing the desktop application on two machines (one 64-bit Win7 SP1 with IE11, one 32-bit Win7  SP1 with IE9) both are showing "An error occurred" when entering my email address and clicking Next.

Both are using version 1.0.0.2569 (side note to Cisco, the change log for the Windows Spark application has a typo and lists the build as 1.0.0.5269)

Does anyone have any ideas on troubleshooting the application?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I have tried again recently and the PC with IE11 installed is now working. The PC that has IE9 on it still gives me the message "An error has occurred".

I'm going to assume that the desktop application doesn't do anything to provide access to a computer that doesn't have the required version of IE already installed.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

lpratt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Kieran,

Can you forward me the email you are using?

Louis

I have tried again recently and the PC with IE11 installed is now working. The PC that has IE9 on it still gives me the message "An error has occurred".

I'm going to assume that the desktop application doesn't do anything to provide access to a computer that doesn't have the required version of IE already installed.