cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Spark SIP Address for users in a hybrid service

sjonnada
Level 1
Level 1

For creating spark SIP addresses, can I use just my domain name as a host name? For example, in one of the spark documents I see that spark users are configured as

username@example.call.ciscospark.com

where

• "username" is the user account in Cisco Spark.
  • "example" is the value that you enter. It denotes the subdomain for your organization.

Can I have the sip addresses of my users as username@example.com, where username is user account in cisco spark and example.com is the domain of my organization?

I appreciate any help on this, thank you.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

The Call.ciscospark.com is the Cloud uri of the user where as username@domain.com is the SIP uri /directory uri.

When you enable users for Call aware/call connect , it checks the mail ID on the CUCM end user and activates the user for hybrid services and therefore creates a cloud uri with call.ciscospark.com sufix based on domain you specified.

If you try to dial user@domain.call.ciscospark.com or user@domain.com from hybrid infra endpoint , both should work.

Regards,
Lokesh K. Lal
Engineering Product Manager
Cisco Systems Inc.

Please don't forget to rate useful posts

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

skilambi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Not to my understanding since it's cloud shared it has to have a unique URI so after that domain is fixed by cisco

We have asked for a way to shorten it

Thanks

Srini

Thanks Srini for your response. But how about in a Active Directory Sync scenario, shouldn't the spark users have the email id configured in Activedirectory as SIP URI?

Srini,

One quick question, can I delete a spark subdomain from an organization account? I have used a subdomain on one of my trial accounts and now I want to use it for a different subscribed account.

Thanks in advance.

Are you asking to make hybrid services work or for something else in terms of configuring it in AD? On the sub domain best to open a case with webex partner support webexpartnerhelp@cisco.com

I thought spark will pull the sip uri from AD attributes, but now I understand the sip uri will be different even with AD sync.

The Call.ciscospark.com is the Cloud uri of the user where as username@domain.com is the SIP uri /directory uri.

When you enable users for Call aware/call connect , it checks the mail ID on the CUCM end user and activates the user for hybrid services and therefore creates a cloud uri with call.ciscospark.com sufix based on domain you specified.

If you try to dial user@domain.call.ciscospark.com or user@domain.com from hybrid infra endpoint , both should work.

Regards,
Lokesh K. Lal
Engineering Product Manager
Cisco Systems Inc.

Please don't forget to rate useful posts

Thanks Lokesh for the information. This clears off the confusion.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: