cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Speed Dials on Jabber for Windows 10.5

Miguel Mejia
Level 1
Level 1

We're in the process of playing around with jabber for windows 10.5 and one of the glaring "issues" we're seeing is that the speed dials that users have configured on their profiles are not being sent to jabber. In fact, jabber doesn't even have a tab for speed dials at all. My thinking is that we would need to stand up a web server and then create a custom tab to have the speed dials come up. Am I correct in this? If so, could anyone point me in the right direction of a document explaining how it would work? I mean, if the speed dials are on a separate server than CUCM wouldn't that mean that we would need to maintain them in two places?

Any help you could provide is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Miguel

3 Replies 3

Jason Aarons
Level 6
Level 6

Jabber isn't really good enough to be a full time phone replacement in my view.  It's missing a lot of things that phones have, speed dials for one as you pointed out. Multiple lines etc.

In the mean time reach out to your Cisco Account Manager and ask them about a Product Enhancement Request (PERS).

Be nice if the CIPC engine was the phone for Jabber.

Hi Jason,

I agree. We are finding that there are quite a few things which would prevent it from replacing CIPC just yet. Cisco's resolution for the speed dial thing is that the contacts tab in jabber is kind of a speed dial, but in order to get your contacts in you have to import them via an xml file. Which is okay for people like us, who would have no problem with that, but someone who uses a computer out of necessity and not because they like, or, understand it would have a much bigger problem.

I am keeping a running list of things that don't work and will send to our account managers.

Thanks for your reply.

Thanks,

Miguel

Hi Miguel,

I have the same requirement for one of my client, who wants to have speed dials on Jabber.

Could you plz help me with this.

Regards,

Waseem Akram