cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Standalone Jabber

Hazel Pringle
Level 1
Level 1

Finally get my Jabber client installed with the proper server settings below but I keep receiving this error as soon as I attempt to log into the client. Any help with this? Thanks for any feedback.

Jabbset.PNGJabberror.png

6 Replies 6

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Versions???

And the PRT you're getting, is what you need to go thru to get full details of what's going wrong

If you're an end user, get in touch with your local IT team for assistance.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

Version 9.2.2 Build 3001

Whats PRT?  Im not an end user just made some changes to my jabber so that it could work without cups but when i go to log in I keep getting the error above.

Problem Reporting Tool, the image you posted which is asking you to provide a description of the error, that's the dump file which will contain all the details of what went wrong.

Not sure what you mean to have it work without CUPS, are you using webex??

HTH

java

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

I'm have no network connected, Jabber client is intergrated with CUPS but if you make some CLI changes you can use it as a standalone client.

WebEx is not being used because theres no internet connect.

I appreciate the feedback.

I believe Hazel is referring to Phone Mode in the 9.2 client. Essentially the application is crashing and the PRT wizard opens as a failsafe to collect details. You would need to review the log files that are saved to your desktop once you complete the PRT wizard.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Is Phone Mode the official name of Jabber for Mac that only does voice calls.  We are looking to replace the IP communcator with Jabber so we can use DNS names instead of ip addresses for those using a softphone.  Can this be done on CUCM 8.6(2) withotu a CUPS server?  What about other end user platforms like iPhone, Android and iPad.  Can Jabber be used only as a phone and nothing else without a CUPS?