Views
Helpful
Replies

Strange problem when using SSL for LDAP in Jabber client

MJonkers
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We have a strange problem. When we use SSL authentication the Jabber client can login and everything works except CTI. When we choose an other phonenumber we get a red cross. When we disable SSL authentication it works fine.

Another strange problem is when we use SSL authentication and login with a user it works. When the user logs out of Jabber and tries again to login it says username or password not right (but it is). When we then reset Jabber to defaults it works again. When we logout again it does not works anymore. When we reset Jabber config again it works. This behavior does not occur when we disable SSL for LDAP.

What can be wrong?

Regards,

Marc

3 Replies 3

Tapan Dutt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Marc

A clean problem report from Jabber will help to find out the cause. What port do you use for LDAP Authentication on LDAP settings CUCM page? Is it 3269?

Thanks

Tapan

Found the problem, we had to install all intermediate certificates also. Now it works.

Hi MUonkers, I found this interesting post. I have the same problem, could you be more clear about the solution? What do you mean with install all intermediate certificates.

Please let me know.

Regards.

David Lima.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: