cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Switching from headset to speaker phone during call?

Hello.

Does anybody know when it will be possible to have multiple audio devices configured in Jabber for windows and swithc between them during calls?

I am thinking about the functionallity that you have today in CIPC, where you have one button for headsett and one for speaker phone.

When I was at Cisco live this year I heard talk about it comming but I need to know when.

Anybody know anything?

Thank you.

-alex

8 Replies 8

Mark Congiusta
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Alex.

This is a feature that we doe eventually plan on adding to Jabber but it is not currently scheduled for any specific release.

Mark

L Epp
Level 1
Level 1

I would like this, and I'm sure many others would as well.

The only thing keeping a physical phone at my desk is the lack of speakerphone functionality in Jabber. Thanks!

Hello.

This is more user friendly now.

If you have multiple USB audio devices connected to the computer you can push the answer button on these to move the sound.

I have noticed big differenses from vendor to vendor how stable this is. so far, Plantronics and Logithech are the ones I have the best experience with, Jabra not so much, it is more unstable and depends on what model you hav connected.

This helps much but i still would like the big buttons we have in IP communicator :)

-alex

I do have Jabra headset that I use primarily and it works very well. It would be nice to have a speakerphone button/functionality in the application that I could associate to my laptop's speakers and microphone. That way I could seamlessly switch back and forth between headset and speakerphone just like a real phone.

I could probably do this with a 3rd party solution like getting the Jabra speakerphone device and handling it through the Jabra Control Center. But  it doesn't make sense to spend hundreds of dollars on a separate speakerphone device when the equipment is already all right there.

Or am I completely missing something?

Thanks!

No I agree.

And it would be more user-friendly to have it in the software. My users are already using this function in IP Communicator so the transition to Jabber whould be more easy.

But I am just happy that i can now move the sound using the buttons on the external hardware, before, even this was not possible.

One step forward also is in Jabber for windows 10.6 you have a shortcut from the converstaion window to the audio settings. Helps some but nothing comparing having this pre-defined and different buttons to click in the software.

-alex

Diana Wolf
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I can see this thread started years ago and there was mention of adding this functionality - has this been done or what is current workaround? 

I was able to to do it from Win7 managing my devices, but in Win10 I was not able to find the way to get around that , and Jabber v 11.8.3 build 51659 I have currently - does not have functionality.

I have conference calls that I have to attend but just to listen to , that go for 8+  hours ... it would be much easier if I could put it on my laptop speakers.

w0den
Level 1
Level 1

Surprised this is still an issue! I use Cisco Jabber on my laptop, and don't carry around a speaker phone. Jabber really needs a simple button to switch audio configurations. When I want to turn on speaker phone, I need to open preferences, then change both the microphone and speaker to my laptop, then apply. I do this all the time. The old IP Communicator had this option 10 years ago.

Please add this feature. Thank you.

In order to submit a PER you need to do so via your SE/AM, along with the business case for it.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate