cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

The meeting site certificate is not valid.

marahman78
Level 1
Level 1

CUCM 9.1

IM & Presence 9.1

Jabber 9.6

CWMS 1.5

I tried to enter "Meeting host account" information in Jabber client and its giving the attached error.

WebEx Meeting Server 1.5 has self-signed certificate, Do i have to upload the self-signed certificate into IM & Presence also.

OR

Do i have to import digital certificate from signed authority to CWMS and then to IM & Presence ?

Regards,

Mohammad

14 Replies 14

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You really should give the CWMS server public CA-signed certificates. Users and external guests will get certificate warnings every time they try to join a meeting without this. With that said, manually importing the self-signed certificate into your workstation's trust store might bypass this error. I do not believe Jabber passes the presented cert to IM&P for validation; it just asks Windows about it locally.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

I also import the certificate but still in Cisco Jabber it's giving an error.

Regards,

Mohammad

Hi.

Did you solve this issue ?

I've uploaded digital certificate from signed authority to CWMS.

What digital certificate you uploaded to CWMS ? CA certificate ?

Yes, CA Certificate.

Thank you,

It is your internal CA ?

External CA

I had the same issue then I took the certificated and imported it into Presence IM under OS Administration under Security Certificate Management as a cup-trust -- trust-certs and cup-xmpp-trust -- trust-certs.

It solved that issue

Best Regards

When i download CSR from WebEx Meeting Server, it contains 2 pem file (csr.pem & csr_private_key.pem). As you mention, i need to update by selecting cup-trust & cup-xmpp-trust both but which pem shall i select for cup-trust and cup-xmpp-trust ?

Hi,

I have imported the scr.pem into my DC certificate Authority and published a certificated which I have exported again and loaded that into my CUPS server for the 2 specific ones.

Best Regards

Evgeniy.Suvorov
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all.

I had the same problem. The reason  is that the self-signed CWMS certificate must be intalled in Trusted Root certificate store.

engmouafy
Level 1
Level 1

I faced the same problem,, and i solved it .

1- generate a new CSR.

2- Download it.

3- you will have a zipped file containign 2 files csr.pem and csr_private_key.pem .(ignore csr_private_key.pem )

4- CSR : Certificate Signing request --> sign it globally from symmentic or if you have CA server , you can do it

5- import the generated certificate from previous step.