cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

The meeting site certificate is not valid.

marahman78
Level 1
Level 1

CUCM 9.1

IM & Presence 9.1

Jabber 9.6

CWMS 1.5

I tried to enter "Meeting host account" information in Jabber client and its giving the attached error.

WebEx Meeting Server 1.5 has self-signed certificate, Do i have to upload the self-signed certificate into IM & Presence also.

OR

Do i have to import digital certificate from signed authority to CWMS and then to IM & Presence ?

Regards,

Mohammad

14 Replies 14

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You really should give the CWMS server public CA-signed certificates. Users and external guests will get certificate warnings every time they try to join a meeting without this. With that said, manually importing the self-signed certificate into your workstation's trust store might bypass this error. I do not believe Jabber passes the presented cert to IM&P for validation; it just asks Windows about it locally.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

I also import the certificate but still in Cisco Jabber it's giving an error.

Regards,

Mohammad

Hi.

Did you solve this issue ?

I've uploaded digital certificate from signed authority to CWMS.

What digital certificate you uploaded to CWMS ? CA certificate ?

Yes, CA Certificate.

Thank you,

It is your internal CA ?

External CA

I had the same issue then I took the certificated and imported it into Presence IM under OS Administration under Security Certificate Management as a cup-trust -- trust-certs and cup-xmpp-trust -- trust-certs.

It solved that issue

Best Regards

When i download CSR from WebEx Meeting Server, it contains 2 pem file (csr.pem & csr_private_key.pem). As you mention, i need to update by selecting cup-trust & cup-xmpp-trust both but which pem shall i select for cup-trust and cup-xmpp-trust ?

Hi,

I have imported the scr.pem into my DC certificate Authority and published a certificated which I have exported again and loaded that into my CUPS server for the 2 specific ones.

Best Regards

Evgeniy.Suvorov
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all.

I had the same problem. The reason  is that the self-signed CWMS certificate must be intalled in Trusted Root certificate store.

engmouafy
Level 1
Level 1

I faced the same problem,, and i solved it .

1- generate a new CSR.

2- Download it.

3- you will have a zipped file containign 2 files csr.pem and csr_private_key.pem .(ignore csr_private_key.pem )

4- CSR : Certificate Signing request --> sign it globally from symmentic or if you have CA server , you can do it

5- import the generated certificate from previous step.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: