cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Today I Learned: Hybrid Work Edition Part 1

alexwagner
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Many companies are adapting remote or hybrid work policies in recent times. I'd love to start a conversation today and learn from the best of the best...the Cisco community!

Are you or your company joining in on the hybrid work revolution? Where are you in the process, and if you could share one piece of advice you wish you knew before you started your journey, what would it be?

To further the conversation and learn even more from each other, we are starting a Hybrid Work briefing series within Cisco Insider: User Group. Everyone is invited to join and as always there will be a live Q&A! Please see below for more details: 

This Session is available to all members of the Customer Connection program. Not a member? No problem. It's open to all Cisco customers and partners.

Join Today

If you are already a member, click here to register

20 Replies 20

jockew
Spotlight
Spotlight

I love remote/hybrid work, i've been doing it for the last 5 years. going to customers or office when i want/need. All my meetings are handled via video meeting, mainly webex but also other solutions.

lpersing
Level 1
Level 1

We've been hybrid for about 2 years now. We use Jabber persistent chat to stay in touch as a team and we have regular team meetings. Some to go over work and projects and some just to catch up on life and family happenings. We are using Webex for the first time and I think it is light years better than Jabber.

ChethanChandra
Level 1
Level 1

At only work place we have been working hybrid for sometime, what works best is still the good old phone call..

I am concerned about going back to work full time. We have had over forty cases of Covid in our workplace so far this year (1000 employees)

I feel much safer working from home and going into workplace just once a month to catch up. 

What do others think?

Jyrki Halonen
Level 1
Level 1

I'm missing the times to have coffee break with colleagues in the office. Although many of the workstuff can be done remoely from home, remote coffee is not so nice ;).

Also one thing is better to face to face: brain storming in the meeting room: talking about the ideas, drawing to walls and get good ideas thrown back and worth.

shinepothen
Level 1
Level 1

very good discussion.

we are enjoying the work from home environment and the technology trends.

jshupick
Level 7
Level 7

We actually never left the office. The only time I remotely work is when I have to go to a remote site or work after hours at home to get a project done. 

arturo lopez
Level 1
Level 1

Mi trabajo nos premite trabajar de manera remota desde cualquier lugar y eso nos ha brindado el poder trabajar bajo mejores objetivos y no por tiempos

davidpeck
Level 4
Level 4

Done right, hybrid work gives the employee the flexibility to work where they are going to be the most efficient most of the time. For me that's in the office most of the time with one/two days in my home office.

Shawn_D
Level 1
Level 1

My team has been remote for years. Our company is continuing  to stay flexible in regards to the Hybrid work environment and varies by office. The one piece of advice would be to build your infrastructure with lots of flexibility. But after the pandemic that appears to be a requirement for everyone. 

vbespiritu
Level 1
Level 1

Hybrid is the best way to go.

richar-213
Level 1
Level 1

remote or hybrid is the better

peterimselius
Level 1
Level 1

Since I'm in education, I've learned that remote is fairly ok for the teaching situation (at least when you teach IT). However, the students miss the social interaction.

If I do something bad, tell it to me. If I do something good, tell it to my boss.

Paulo Thame
Level 1
Level 1

Unfortunately i can't do remote work, just in few situations during the week or on the weekend.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: