Views
Helpful
Replies

Transfer Jabber Chat History to new PC - Jabber 12.6.1

JE2019
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Received my new laptop and wanted to transfer the Jabber Chat History from my old Laptop to the new one.

Copied the db.v2 file from the following directory:

C:\users\username\AppData\Local\Cisco\Unified Communications\Jabber\CSF\History and find your database file [user@company.com.db.v2]

As soon as I copy it to the new PC and start Jabber, the file gets overwritten by an empty one.

I guess this is since the file is encrypted and Jabber recognizes that the clients have a diffferent ID.

Is there any way to transfer it and keep my chat history?

I need it desperately and cannot afford to lose it.

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No, there is no way, as you mentioned, this is due to the encryption of the files.

If you have compliance in your enterprise, you can ask for a copy of your chats.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
If you need it desperately, then consider enabling "Save Chat History to Exchange," which allows Jabber to push your chats into your mail account.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/jabber/12_6/cjab_b_parameters-reference-guide-cisco-jabber_12-6/cjab_b_parameters-reference-guide-cisco-jabber_12-6_chapter_0100.html#CJAB_RF_EF42EDCA_00

hi Anthony,

if you enable save history to exchange, the history can be viewed from other jabber clients.?  for example, if i have conversation on windows jabber, can the history be shown when i open the conversation on iphone jabber or Android even mac?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: