Views
Helpful
Replies

UC Collab Career guidance

Vaibicollab
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Collab Engineers,

I am looking for career guidance in Cisco Collaboration Voice and Video. Currently I am working as Voice Engineer where I come across with cucm,cuc,ucce,vgw, sip,mgcp,h323 etc. Could you lease help me to guide my career path. How could I become architect in Cisco Collaboration. Please suggest career path. Accordingly I will start my study step by step.

3 Replies 3

Andrew Skelly
Level 7
Level 7

I would suggest looking over the current certifications offered by Cisco.  It's a useful path to follow and may present some different options you have not considered.  With the new paths, Collab as a specialty doesn't start until CCNP level now.  However it is a good idea to have a strong understanding of route/switch (now Enterprise) as well.  Once you determine which cert you would like to take you can look in to classes with companies such as Pearson or Global Knowledge, to help prepare for the tests.  Which ever path you choose, good luck on your studies!!

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en_us/training-events/certifications/career-path.pdf

Please rate helpful posts by clicking the thumbs up!

Regardless of what you choose to do, I highly encourage you to learn some programming: APIs, Python, etc. Automation is what is "next" and in 10 or so years, if you don't know some programming it will be very hard to find a job. This is true for Collaboration, but even more true for R/S and other disciplines.

Maren