cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UC Upgrade from 11.0 to 11.5 stays running for more than 8 hours

bkhanal1971
Level 3
Level 3

I started the upgrade of my CUC cluster from 11.0 to11.5 almost 8 hours ago and the status in the publisher shows it is still running. When checked in CLI mode, upgrade status shows as "Installing". However when i check with "show version inactive", it shows the ver 11.5. I could also start the upgrade in the subscriber as it sees the new version installed in the inactive partition in the publisher. Also the log message in the OS admin show upgrade as finished but status continues to spin as running.

In this situation, can i assume the upgrade has really finished and start upgrading the sub? Just want to make sure I don't run into any issues when I do the switch version later on.

admin:utils system upgrade status

Upgrade status: Installing
  Upgrade file: UCSInstall_UCOS_UNRST_11.5.1.15900-18.sgn.iso
   Upgrade log: install_log_2018-08-04.22.01.17.log

admin:show version inactive
Inactive Master Version: 11.5.1.15900-18 Unrestricted
Inactive Version Installed Software Options:
No Installed Software Options Found.

admin:show version active
Active Master Version: 11.0.1.21900-10
Active Version Installed Software Options:
No Installed Software Options Found.

4 Replies 4

kevbo
Level 5
Level 5

Hi, 

Interested to know what happened? Did you try install again? is it now upgraded.

cheers

Kev

Can I ask why you went to the Unrestricted version?

Please remember to rate useful posts, click on the stars below.

It was my mistake. I had to download the correct version and perform the upgrade again (Restricted version this time). Despite that, upgrade took very very long time but it was successful.

Thanks,

Khanal

Yeah you can't upgrade or change from one to another. It is a fresh install and rebuild if you need to switch.  Painful when someone installed the unrestricted and you need to upgrade them to the restricted version.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: