cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UDS Directory and Jabber (Not Ad integrated)

m.batts
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi,

I have two 10.5 Clusters and am currently looking at setting up Jabber.I have the following query.

If I have ILS/GDPR running between the two for Directory URI replication , if both CUCM's are NOT ad integrated when I run Jabber on one cluster

will I be able to search for users on the other .

For example

if it type "mark" , will it list all users from both clusters or do I need to type the full URI in to call any one called "mark" on the other cluster.

2 Replies 2

Jaime Valencia
Hall of Fame Cisco Employee Hall of Fame Cisco Employee
Hall of Fame Cisco Employee

No, ILS/GDPR replication is just replication of routing information, not users in the directory. If you use UDS, you can only find the users that exist in your local directory. You would need to trunk your IM&Ps, assuming the same domain, or federate between them for that to happen.

You should be able to type the URI of a remote user, and dial it without any issue, that's what you'll get with ILS and GDPR.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thanks Jaime, so just to be clear if I federate the two IMP clusters I will then be able to " search" for them without having to add the full URI into Jabber?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Recognize Your Peers