Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to Add NFS storage mount point on CWMS server

Vinod Kembhavi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We have deployed 250 port CWMS server, We are using it for Audio Conference and internal webex.

I am unable to add NFS storage mount point on GUI page.Just FYI, Storage server is behind the firewall so we have opened TCP/UDP - 111 and 2049 ports between Admin server and NFS storage server.

Is there any additional ports are required ?

Do we need to open ports between both Admin and media server towards storage server also??

Appreciate if someone help me to get it resolve..

Thanks,

Vinod

7 Replies 7

dpetrovi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Vinod,

Admin and Media VMs must be allowed access to NFS storage as both of these VMs communicate with NFS. 

In our documentation, we don't have any specifics about the ports as usually Admin and Media VMs are on internal network as well as NFS storage. I would assume that ports 111 and 2049 are the only ones needed as those are standard NFS ports.

Make sure that you set Everyone - Full Control permissions and follow the instructions about adding NFS storage to CWMS listed here: http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/collaboration/CWMS/2_0/Administration_Guide/Administration_Guide_chapter_01110.html#task_4A68696836634ECDADFE4B8223540617

Make sure that you configure your Unix access privileges so that your system can store user-generated content and system backups.

On Linux-based storage systems, this depends on the configuration of your read/write permissions for anonymous users for a specific directory to be used for your Network File System (NFS).

On Windows-based storage systems, this depends on the Network Access: Let Everyone permissions apply to anonymous users setting. In addition, you must provide the Everyone user group read and write permissions for the NFS.

I hope this will help.

-Dejan

Hi Dejan,

Thanks for your response.. Even after opening the firewall port 111 and 2049, we have observed drop

on port 4045 and 4046 tcp/udp in firewall logs. Also not found any communication between Media and Storage server. so is it really needed?

Thanks,

Vinodk

Hi Vinod,

When you record meetings or access recordings, Media VM will be the one accessing the NFS storage.

Also, for the test, try opening all ports from Admin and Media VM to NFS storage and see if that will work (just to ensure your NFS is configured properly and you are using correct path)

-Dejan

Hi Dejan,

Thanks for your support... Problem got resolved after opening below ports from CWMS Media and Admin server towards the NFS storage server.

Ports are 111, 635, 2049, 4045 to 4049 (TCP/UDP) ..

Thanks for your help..

Regards,

Vinod K

Hi,

How authentication will happen

Lets say I have logged in to the CWMS administration and I give path of my NFS storage how authetication will happen from CWMS server to Storage server.

Will it be my CWMS admin username and password?

rds,

ajith

You configure permissions on your NFS Folder:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/collaboration/CWMS/2_0/Administration_Guide/Administration_Guide_chapter_01110.html#task_4A68696836634ECDADFE4B8223540617

On Linux-based storage systems, this depends on the configuration of your read/write permissions for anonymous users for a specific directory to be used for your Network File System (NFS).

On Windows-based storage systems, this depends on the Network Access: Let Everyone permissions apply to anonymous users setting. In addition, you must provide the Everyone user group read and write permissions for the NFS.

-Terry

Please rate helpful posts

Refer to this video if you are using the windows based NFS:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=velHF3AK4pw

-Terry

Please rate all helpful posts