cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to join meeting via phone call

Gordon Ross
Level 9
Level 9

I'm running CWMS 2.5.1.5033.B-AE in HA mode. When I dial-in from CUCM (v10.5) to try and join a meeting, I get the prompt to enter the meeting number and after I've entered the meeting number and pressed "#", the call is immediately dropped.

According to the troubleshooting guide at www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/collaboration/CWMS/2_5/Troubleshooting_Guide/Troubleshooting_Guide/telephony.html the cause for this is Rerouting Calling Search Space and Out-Of-Dialog Refer Calling Search Space are not set correctly on the SIP trunks in CUCM. I've changed these CSSs so they contain the partition that the CWMS route pattern is in (and reset the trunks - one trunk for each CWMS server) but I'm still getting the same problem.

Suggestions?

Thanks,

GTG

Please rate all helpful posts.
5 Replies 5

dpetrovi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Gordon,

What is the size of your system?

The issue you are seeing is happening because of the issue with SIP REFER.

Normally, when you have HA, you have at least 2 SIP trunks pointing to 2 CWMS Loadbalancing points, and 2 SIP trunks pointing to 2 CWMS Application point.

You have a Route Group that includes Loadbalancing SIP trunks, and this Route Group is included in a dedicated Route List that is being used by a Route Pattern used to reach CWMS.

You will also need to have IP based SIP Route Patterns created and each will use a dedicated CWMS Applicaton point SIP trunk. 

In all SIP trunks (LB and AP) you will need to ensure that Rerouting CSS and Out-of-Dialog Refer CSS configured contain the partition that SIP Route Patterns belong to. 

Let me explain what happens when you dial in to CWMS.

1. You dial in.

2. Based on the Route Pattern you will use one of the LB SIP trunks and CWMS will answer the call and play the prompts

3. After you enter the meeting number, CWMS checks on what Media Server it will host the meeting and initiates SIP REFER using SIP Route Pattern and routs the call to a CWMS Application Point.

4. Finally, you are placed in the meeting.

Step 3 is usually where you would experience the failure you described. CWMS cannot REFER the call to the AP, because something is not configured on CUCM correctly.

I hope this helps.

-Dejan

I have a 50-user system. I don't have any SIP load balancers - I've never seen any mention of the need for SIP load balancers in the CWMS docs. (Or are you talking about the CWMS IRP servers?)

In CUCM I've got two SIP trunks, pointing to each of the application/backend machines (i.e the machines with the private IP Addresses). These two trunks have OPTION PING enabled and are in a Route Group with the DN pointing to the route list then to the route group.

You mention SIP route patterns: Does CWMS need SIP route patterns configuring too on CUCM? Again, I've not seen any mention of that in the CWMS documentation. (In fact, the CWMS documentation says almost nothing about CUCM requirements other than a DN point down a SIP trunk to CWMS)

GTG

Hi Gordon,

Here is a document that includes all the details for CUCM setup for CWMS: http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/collaboration/CWMS/2_5/Planning_Guide/Planning_Guide/Planning_Guide_chapter_0111.html

I am not sure if you already looked at this document, but it should have all the requirements and configuration steps included.

I hope it will be of help.

-Dejan

P.S. As for LB and AP information, you can find that on CWMS > Settings > Audio > CUCM 

Thanks for that link. The mists are starting to clear. However, that document does contain an error: It tells you to create the LBP & AP trunks using the same SIP profile: You can't do that as by default CUCM will listen on port 5060 for incoming SIP traffic and so it won't be able to differentiate the traffic between the LBP & AP, and hence, CCMAdmin won't let you create the second trunk. You need to create separate AP & LBP SIP Profiles to achieve this.

GTG

Hi Gordon,

The document mentions SIP Profile and SIP Trunk Security Profiles. Those have a different purpose. For CMWS SIP Trunks (LB and AP), we use Standard SIP Profile, but we use different SIP Trunk Security Profiles (LB 5060, AP 5062).

I hope this helps.

-Dejan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: