cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to make calls from jabber

chandru_bbc
Level 1
Level 1

I have cucm 10.0 and Jabber running at 11.0.Users were not able to make calls and its giving unable to connect error.

It was working fine till yesterday and suddenly started today.Also the users were telling that the phone icon next to the users when we do searching were red in color.I checked the connection status and it shows softphone connected. and it was registered with cucm.But the calls are not going.

what configurations needs to be checked for makins calls through.

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The CSF device needs to be created, and registered, besides that, the rest of the config is the same any other endpoint has.

If it's showing as red, or not registered in the connection status, and you have not changed anything, I'd probably start looking at network changes.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Yes its athe phone icon at the leftmost bottom corner in jabber.And the jabber phone is showing unregistered in CUCM.Just now I deleted the CSFxxxx and recreated the new CSFxxxx.

Still the user is telling seeing the crossed phone symbol and unable to connect error.And when i freshly configured the CSF was registered and after jabber sign out and sign in resulting unable to connect error in jabber.

Md Hasan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Is this the contacts Phone icon? If thats the case softphone most likely registered but the directory search is failing.. What is the "Directory Connection status"?

Contact phone numbers are pulled from either Active Directory (LDAP) or CallManager (UDS) depending on configuration.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: