cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to pass * or # to Unity

Paul Austin
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Folks, I'm trying to configure external access to unity so folks can retrieve their voicemails when off-site. Scenario is ISP ---- SIP trunk ----- CUBE ---- SIP trunk to CUCM ---- SIP to Unity. I have configured a DDI to route to the sign-app conversation on unity and this works great BUT when I enter my UserID and enter the # character, it isn't recognised. I have played around with DTMF relay setting on the specific dial-peer I created for this DDI towards CUCM.

Any ideas please, this normally works fine.

All software is V12.0

Thanks

Paul

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Paul Austin
Level 4
Level 4

OK so just in case anyone has this type of problem, the following may help. I was looking at the dial-peer on the cube and specifically the dtmf relay area so whilst the changes here probably helped, the main one was on the SIP trunk towards Unity where I changed the DTMF Signalling Method from "no preference" to "OOB and RFC2833"

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Paul Austin
Level 4
Level 4

OK so just in case anyone has this type of problem, the following may help. I was looking at the dial-peer on the cube and specifically the dtmf relay area so whilst the changes here probably helped, the main one was on the SIP trunk towards Unity where I changed the DTMF Signalling Method from "no preference" to "OOB and RFC2833"

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: