cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to send screen captures via Cisco Jabber for Windows

Robert Shields
Level 1
Level 1

We have found that certain users are unable to send or receive screen captures via "Cisco Jabber for Windows" when using a PC computer on the network.

The problem only occurs when inside of the network, and it only affects some PC users. The users are seeing an error message that says:

Users of Cisco Jabber for Mac are able to send and receive screen captures from both inside and outside of the network with no problem.

PC users are able to send screen captures from outside of the network with no problem.

The issue seems to affect Windows 7 and 8 PC users equally.

One of the Windows 7 users that is having the issue is running Windows 7 Professional Service Pack 1 and DirectX 11.

Please provide a solution for this issue - thank you.

12 Replies 12

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If all the PCs have the same basic layout (HW, SW, OS, etc.) you'll need to look into a PRT when the issue happens to try and see the exact cause for the error.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Please see Jason Madison's post above. Cisco Technical support was able to send the missing trusted root certificate that was needed. Installing the certificate on all of the affected PCs resolved the issue for us.

Hi,

please compare the 'HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders', between a PC that is ok and a PC that is not ok, is there any difference?

Regards.

That folder in the registry looks exactly the same between a working PC and a non-working PC.

However, I did notice that the non-working PC is missing four tabs from the Options section: Audio, Video, Calls and Accounts.

I turned on UC Manager integration for the user; the Audio, Video and Accounts tabs appeared under options, but not Calls.

Hi,

a) in the 'non-working PC', is the 'Use my Phone for Calls' option selected?

b) double check if a User in a 'working PC' have the same issue when it uses a 'non-working PC'.

Regards.

Jason Madison
Level 5
Level 5

I had this same issue come up and for some it was sporadic (me), but for the user who reported it the screen capture always failed.

As a result of contacting our webex connect support, installing two certificates on machines on each end of conversation, along with restart of Jabber, resolved our issue.

QuoVadis Root CA 2 
https://www.quovadisglobal.bm/Repository/~/media/Files/Roots/quovadis_rca2_der.ashx 
HydrantID SSL ICA G2 
https://www.quovadisglobal.com/~/media/Files/Roots/quovadis_hydsslg2_der.ashx

I don't understand why this has come up as an issue but in our case, thanks to this post from Jason it was a very quick fix for us. We already had the QuoVadis root CA 2 on the clients, but installing HydrantID SSL ICA G2 in the intermediate cert auths sorted the problem. So, thank you for that.

Garret Godfrey
Level 1
Level 1

We've got a similar issue. in the midst of upgrading from Connect to Jabber and have just a couple users that cant use the built in screen capture tool.  What's odd is that the user I'm working with can see files in her MyJabberFiles folder but they won't display.  wasn't an issue for her under Connect.  I'll compare her registry setting w/ mine.

Joe Bohelski
Level 1
Level 1

I had this problem at one of my sites, but only with certain people like you said.  Turns out that port 37200 was being blocked by something at that site.  Unblocking the port immediately resolved the issue for them.  Maybe this will help.  Here's a link to the ports that Jabber uses.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/jabber/Windows/9_7/JABW_BK_C4C679C9_00_cisco-jabber-for-windows-97/JABW_BK_C4C679C9_00_cisco-jabber-for-windows-97_chapter_01.html#CJAB_RF_P3DE6354_00

Jim Plumb
Level 1
Level 1

Having the same issue. Haven't been able to determine exactly when it started, although I fairly recently migrated all my users from WebEx Connect to Jabber. I don't use an onsite deployment. I only have users with Windows 7 using the latest Jabber client. I haven't been able to determine how widespread it is, I've only been able to do tests with myself and 2 other users, 1 is offsite today and we tested with no luck. It seems like I can't send files or screenshots to any user, and they can't send them to me. I installed the two certificates referenced below on my PC and the external user's, we both restarted the Jabber client, and it still did not work. We do have a company firewall. Am I understanding correctly that opening Port 37200 is only necessary for onsite installations? As I mentioned I do not have an onsite installation but I haven't tried opening 37200 in the firewall yet. Never was an issue with WebEx Connect but perhaps Jabber is different. 

Hey Jim,
     I looks like 37200 is for both on-prem and cloud based installations.  At least, I didn't see anything in the documentation that specified otherwise except for the little blurb about 37200 also being used to send screen captures in on-prem deployments.  I'm certainly no expert on this, but only know that unblocking this port worked for me.