cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection 11.5 - AD Sync Issue

Yort Mantup
Level 4
Level 4

I noticed I have about 50 users in the Unified messaging accounts status page that that have a problem with the setup.  I found that each user with an issue is not integrated with LDAP Directory.  When I attempt to manually do so, I get this user cannot be found in the LDAP Directory.  I have checked that this user and others have the correct information in AD.  The users are pulled in to CUCM.  I tried manually doing an LDAP sync on both cucm and cuc.    I pulled logs and found this error when attempting to manualy integrate each of them with LDAP

%UC_JAVAAPPLICATIONS-3-UserSyncFail: %[Reason=Total number of users has exceeded the max number of users allowed.][Userid=96.ssawtari for AgreementId cd9737b7-bc04-78d8-e5f0-e0bddb5e5df4][AppID=Cisco DirSync][ClusterID=][NodeID=NHACUXN100]: User is not Synced

I did try restarting the DirSync service on each node and also rebooted the Unity Connection cluster last night.  No change.  Any idea why I am getting this error?  The servers are built using a 10,000 user OVA.  We are currently just under 5000 users.  

4 Replies 4

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Interesting, how many users are in your LDAP?

Hi Chris,

We have over 10000 users in AD.  However the issue resolved itself some how. I am able to integrate the users with LDAP where I was not before.  The only troubleshooting I did was reboot the Unity Connection PUB and SUB but still had the issue when that was done.  It was a few days after that this started working again.  Strange..

Interesting, I am glad you got it working.

Adam Pawlowski
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
There is a sync limit on paper but in my experience it hasn’t stopped the sync just log jammed the system . Maybe there is a hard limit and it works since other users have left the relationship ? It doesn’t delete those users if they’ve been imported so perhaps your filter is too general if there is one at all.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: