cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity routing to users messages

Paul Austin
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Folks, New install of Unity version 12.5 and all works except when either dialling the voicemail pilot number or pressing the messages button and the call is answered by unity with "Enter your ID followed by hash" rather than going to the inbox for messages. The call is coming into Unity with the correct calling number according to port monitor. I did import the users etc from an older 10.0 system using COBRAS.

Any Ideas please?

Thanks

7 Replies 7

Hari Prasad
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Paul,

1- when either dialing the voicemail pilot number or pressing the messages button

- When you dial Voice mail  pilot number and press message , what you hear exactly and what is the output of Port monitor.

2- the call is answered by unity with "Enter your ID followed by hash" rather than going to the inbox for messages.

- Please test and share port monitor ouput

Please rate helpful posts
Thanks, Hari Prasad

Hi Hari, Symptoms as per original post. It is something in the COBRAS restore as I built a new instance of unity and it worked just fine. A soon as I restored the V10.0 backup to new V12.5 system, the fault symptoms re-appeared.

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
What you described here:
"... when either dialling the voicemail pilot number or pressing the messages button and the call is answered by unity with "Enter your ID followed by hash..."

That actually sounds like it's working. Aterall, that's what I would expect it to do, if I pressed the messages button on my phone. Were you expecting it to bypass the PIN for the user?

You also said:
"...and all works..."

Can you describe what exactly works for you?

OK so prior to me restoring the COBRAS backup I pressed the messages button on the handset or dialled the voicemail pilot number, unity answered and asked me just for my PIN as expected. Post installing the COBRAS backup it now asks me for my UserID then my PIN. The asking for the UserID is extra. After I have entered my UserID and PIN I can retrieve the messages as normal. MWI etc all works fine.

OK folks - just an update. It turned out there was a direct routing rule called Sign-In that was present on the old V10.0 system that was the problem. Luckily I had noted what routing rules we had on a virgin install and compared to when I installed the backup as I was suspicious about the routing rules. Anyhow, I removed this Dial-In rule and it all came back to me as expected.

Interesting! Thanks for posting your resolution.

Oh snap! Yep. I misread your statement as PIN, but you did write ID instead. Makes sense now.