Views
Helpful
Replies

Unsupported media object message on WebEx recordings

Luke Hester
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Cisco community,

When I view WebEx recordings saved in the cloud, they play with the following message displayed:

There is no content to view at the moment, either because no content is being shared, or because an unsupported media object is being shared.

I can hear the audio fine, it's just the video that I can't see.

If I save recordings locally to my computer as a .wrf file they play just fine, but I want to save to the cloud because MP4 format is preferred.

I'm sharing only the desktop screen in these recordings. I've searched around on the internet but I can't find any documentation to confirm if this is indeed unsupported. I have 3 monitors if that is relevant.

I have Cisco WebEx Meetings 33.3.8.7 installed on Windows 10 Enterprise 1809 (64-bit).

Regards,

Luke

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Hi Carlo,

Thanks for sharing that article.

I was using VLC Media Player which was the cause of the problem. Other media player's work fine.

Regards,

Luke

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Hi Luke,

This could happen due to an antivirus blocking flash application.

https://help.webex.com/en-us/WBX000028446/Error-There-is-no-content-to-view-at-the-moment-either-because-no-content-is-being-shared-or-because-an-unsupported-media-object-is-being-shared-Throughout-the-Recording

HTH

Regards

Carlo

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"

Hi Carlo,

Thanks for sharing that article.

I was using VLC Media Player which was the cause of the problem. Other media player's work fine.

Regards,

Luke

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: