Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UPDATE: Huntgroup call start as conference call show own name

Dear all,

Since the release Jabber 9.1.2 for windows we only get popups when a direct call comes in. If the call is from a huntgroup only a popup showing conference call after answering the call.                  

I can see myself 2 times and my college 1 time.

Currently running Jabber 9-2-0

Does anybody know how to solve this issue, and had the same experience?

Now testing with Jabber 10.5 beta. And????? Yes finally huntgroup call info available.

15 Replies 15

mmilic
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Peter,

Jabber still doesnt support hunt groups. They are targeted for version 10.0 in Q4 CY2013.

Thanks,

Marko

Ok, I understand that we have to wait until Q4.

But what is the difference between a direct call and a huntgroup call to a device connected to Jabber?

And more important why was this for the user the same in Jabber 9-1-2 as in Personal communicator 8?

90% of out calls in the organisation are to the huntgroup. Empolyees have the ring volume low and respond to the popup from Jabber if a calls comes in.

So what was the technical change from 9-1-2 --> 9-1-3, there is nothing about this change in the release notes?

Hi Peter,

If I understand you now correctly, Jabber is not part of the hunt group but rather is dialing hunt group pilot number?

And this used to work in 9.1.2 but in 9.1.3 and 9.2.0 when other endpoint answeres it's presented as a conference call?

Thanks,

Marko

Hi Marko,

Jabber is not part of a hungroup. But dailed from the hunt pilot number. The device (directory number) belogngs to a Line Group. Jabber is used to control a 7942 or 7925 phone.

And Yes in 9.1.2. we haven't got this issue.

Thanks Peter

Hi Marko,

Is there more information available as to what exactly is currently supported in Hunt groups with Jabber, or is it plainly not support?

Thanks

Pieter

Hi all,

We are experiencing the same issue regarding Jabber, which is controlling an IP Phone via RCC and being called from a Hunt Group:

Scenario 1: Jabber in RCC Mode called directly from another Phone - Popup  shows up

Scenario 2: Jabber in RCC Mode called via Hunt Group from another Phone where the Huntgroup has the SAME number as the Jabber RCC Phone - Popup  shows up

Scenario 3: Jabber in RCC Mode called via Hunt Group from another Phone where the Huntgroup has a different number as the Jabber RCC Phone - Popup  do NOT show up

If i take the cal direct with the phone in Scenario 3 - Jabber pops up the Call Control Window but shows the Call as a Conference Call.

Scenario 3 was also correct working with Jabber Version 9.1.0 - Build 12296 - since we have customers deployed with this version, we are unable to upgrade because this functionality is broken in all subsequent Releases!

Will version 10 support this behavior official in the correct way? - It is impossible to explain to any EndUser why the Pop Up sometimes do not show up  - and distributing Calls via Hunt Groups is a very basic Feature in CUCM.

According to PDI this Functionality is a Feature Enhancement - i am not asking for the Feature to Login/Logout from Huntlist with Jabber - only Call Distribution via Hunt Group is the important thing.

Thanks

Martin

Hi,

Exactly experiencing same issue and I was told from Cisco SE that the feature may be introduced in 9.6 (so before 10.0). Hopefully that will be the case because in our project with 1200 locations all calls are being routed via hunt groups and controlled via Jabber in desktop mode...

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

cdemont wrote:

Exactly experiencing same issue and I was told from Cisco SE that the feature may be introduced in 9.6 (so before 10.0). Hopefully that will be the case because in our project with 1200 locations all calls are being routed via hunt groups and controlled via Jabber in desktop mode...

Bummer. 9.6.0 brought a semi-fix (calls routed to the Jabber-controlled physical phone through a line group now produce a popup and are no longer wrongly identified as conference calls) but broke caller ID even more - now every call coming in through the line group logs with the Jabber users name and the hunt pilot number. Renders the Jabber call history useless.

Had hopes that 9.6.1 fixes this, bu to no avail. Is Cisco even aware how badly they broke this? I don't see something resembling this problem in the open caveat list, even though users go crazy about the loss of functionality...

Disappointing.

Hi all,

Is there nobody else who experiance the same issue?

Popup on direct call, but no popup on hunt pilot calls?

I get more and more complains from the business. We realy would like that Jabber is reacting the same on a direct call as on a hunt pilot call.

Thanks Peter

Hi Peter,

I just got a complaint that missed calls pop up from Jabber does not disappear, so the user just gets loads of little messages lined up on their desktop.

Cheers

Pieter

Upgrade to 9.2.5. and still no solution provided.

Damned ... I hesitated to click on "Report Abuse" rather than "Reply". That's just abusing.

I still don't understand Cisco vision in Jabber. It could just be a UC killer application, with user friendly and customer oriented business features. Instead, it's a just a "Mr demo" application to play with in Cisco Live events ...

That's just a shame...

Maybe they are just dealing with Microsoft to keep it poor ...  I dunno ...

cdemont
Level 1
Level 1

Also I had the opportunity to test the latest Jabber 9.7 and same result ...
We had contacts with Jabber DT... For the moment no answer...

Cisco still doesn't understand the problem.
They think that we want to control the Huntpilot call, like the glog function on the phone.

The only thing we want is that Jabber pop's up on a normal direct call and on a group call showing the CLID from the caller or if it's an internal uc device the correct info.

Come on Cisco how hard van this be!!!!!
you have produced a dozen release upgrades after 9.1.2 and a long time ago.

First i want to explain how release work.
1.0 is a release
1.1 is a release upgrade contain bugfixes
2.0 is a new release

This means that when launching 9.1.3 you have created the huntpilot popup bug!!!
This should have been solved in 9.1.4.

Now we are on 9.7 and still the same bug. This means that the problem has to be solved in 9.7.1!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: