Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrade CWMS 1.5 to CWMS 2.0

Helmi Muzammil
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

i want to ask about upgrade CWMS 1.5 to 2.0 license. do i need rehost the license, or i can use the existing license.

Thanks,

Helmi

8 Replies 8

Richard Simmons
Level 3
Level 3

Hi Helmi,

After upgrade you will need to rehost the license, you get 180 days in which to do this so the system will remain fully functional. 

A guide on how to rehost the license can be found here;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/collaboration/CWMS/2_0/Administration_Guide_2_0_chapter_01001.html#reference_F76D0A0006C143FCA9249296E76D024E

Regards,

Richard

Hi Simon,

Thanks for your help.

Can i use my existing UCSS/ESW contract to rehost the license, or i need to pay more for the license rehost?

Thanks,

Helmi

Hi Helmi,

If you have UCSS/ESW contract in place then there will be no charge to rehost the license.

Regards,

Richard

Hello Richard,

Thanks for your help, i want to upgrade my 50 users cwms from 1.5 to 2.0.

based on http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/collaboration/CWMS/2_0/Administration_Guide/Administration_Guide_chapter_01010.html

I only have 1 UCS for admin, IRP and vcenter. i need your suggest. which one is better for the upgrade method, manual or automatic upgrade? my concern is my free space is to little.

Thanks for your help

Helmi

I have previously done a manual upgrade and it worked fine, use whichever you feel most comfortable in completing

Regards,

Richard 

Muzammil:

I would go with Manual upgrade. Its much more safer and controlled. If you need help, I created a very detailed document, and successfully upgraded from 1.5 to 2.5.

Aziz

Hey Ali,

Any chance I can take a look at your document, I am planning the same upgrade.

Sebastian:: Your email address, please

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: