Views
Helpful
Replies

Using Jabber video client to video call a standalone H.323 endpoint

olivier1s
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am trying to use the Jabber video client to call a standalone H.323 endpoint device.

I have installed Jabber on my PC (windows) and also on my Ipad. No success, I can not get the jabber to video call to anywhere.

I thought to understand we could use Jabber video as a standalone H.323 client, but I did not succeed.

I woudl very much appreciate some help.

Kind regards,

Olivier

6 Replies 6

Richard Hermann
Level 4
Level 4

Jabber is a pure SIP client. You'll need something like the VCS control to do a translation for you.

Thank you Richard,

So if I understand correctly, if there is no VCS control, then we need to configure the end point using SIP.

Do you know if there is a free SIP server available? Does Cisco provide one for Jabber Telepresence? What setting should I use for Jabber Telepresence in External Server and SIP server?

Thank you very much.

What is your environment exactly?  It sounds like you are using the Tandberg Movi client of Jabber. 

I have downloaded "Cisco Jabber Video for Telepresence", I am having hard itme to make it work....I would like to configure it so I can connect from my PC to my video conference End Point.

Thanks

Gotcha.  That software requires a TMS server and a VCS control server, plus some licensing.

I know you can download both and try them out, but not sure if it gives you enough to try Movi.

Try MS NetMeeting.

HI ,

actually if your end-point is not regisered at CUCM how do you dial the end point using jabber ?

and im facing the same problem..like I have a standalone devices , and the users on desktop needs to dial in to those devices ?

we can do this by pointing a SIP ttunk from CUCM to this unregistered device I guess ,But if we do not have a CUCM

what is the best client to be used to dial in to standlone cisco telepresnse video end points ,

any advice is highly appriciated ,

Thanks

Purna

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: