Views
Helpful
Replies

VCS Starter Pack Express B2B collaboration and upgrade options

manuel-mendez
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Community,

One of our customers currently has a VCS Starter Pack Express running inside their network (no visible to the Internet) and they would like to have some B2B collaboration.

Besides the total number of calls allowed, are there any other restrictions in the Starter Pack for having that B2B collaboration? Could we install an Expressway edition in the DMZ and pair it with the Starter Pack? Or, should we move the Starter Pack to the DMZ and install a new VCS Control inside the network?

Thank you so much,

Manuel

PS. I am also looking at upgrading the Starter Pack but the options I see in the configuration tool are more expensive than just get a new VCS Control or Expressway.

3 Replies 3

admin11111
Level 4
Level 4

Hi - some answers to your questions...

>>Besides the total number of calls allowed, are there any other restrictions in the Starter Pack for having that B2B collaboration? Could we install an Expressway edition in the DMZ and pair it with the Starter Pack? Or, should we move the Starter Pack to the DMZ and install a new VCS Control inside the network?>>

Given that the VCS Starter Pack Express is essentially a scaled down VCS Expressway and that essentially a VCS Expressway can do all things that a VCS Control can do (plus FWT), you technically could utilize two Starter Packs; one outside the firewall and the other inside to provide B2B/remote access.

A couple of things to consider:

• As you point out, starter pack has a capacity of 25 concurrent traversal calls on each and 50 registrations
  • Starter Pack is engineered to be a standalone solution, so it will not share things like phonebooks and directories with other Starter Packs or VCS Control
  • VCS Control working with VCS Expressway and TMS will provide the most comprehensive solution with much greater capacity and shared phonebooks and directories

<<I see in the configuration tool are more expensive than just get a new VCS Control or Expressway.>>

Keep in mind that the Upgrade Packs include TMS suite and additional Jabber for Video licenses.

Good luck,

Mike Roussey

Cisco Product Management

Thank you Mike!

Manuel.

admin11111
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

From what I know, you could use the VCS starter pack in B2B.

You will need an additional license for the dual network interface and NAT feature.

Regards,

Nicolas Mansour

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: