cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Video Jabber app for iPad

venkat.kt
Level 1
Level 1

HI, wanted to check when is the Video Jabber app for iPad available?

Also, wanted to check the availability of Movi 4.3 available. It was to be available in Jan 2012.

Thanks,

Venkat

21 Replies 21

William Bell
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Venkat,

It looks like Movi 4.3 is available on CCO now. Released on 12/15/2011. I haven't checked the app store but 5 days ago Cisco released the following on their web site (re: jabber for iPad):

http://newsroom.cisco.com/video-content?type=video&videoId=100006

HTH.

Regards,
Bill

HTH -Bill (b) http://ucguerrilla.com (t) @ucguerrilla

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

HI Bill, thanks for this information. Had a look at the video. Not sure if it is Video Jabber or UC Jabber as never mentioned the word Video Jabber. If it was UC jabber, then they should have talked about other features like IM, Presence.

Let me try downloading the Movi 4.3 from appstore and test with VCS Express.

Thanks

Venkat

Hi Venkat,

Movi 4.3 software, for Jabber Video, is available now for download.    The Cisco Jabber for iPad is planned for Q2 2012 and is also planned to work with a Jabber UC roll-out or with a telepresence-specific roll-out.  All of these soft client options, whether they are running on the Jabber UC or as Jabber Video, share the same technology foundation.

You will not find Jabber for iPad on the app store currently.

Regards,

Julie

Jens Didriksen
Level 9
Level 9

Jabber (was Movi) for iPad2 (beta) is currently only available inhouse for Cisco staff, public beta due to be released in February, but you'll need to contact your Cisco rep if you wish to be part of this, if at all possible.

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable.

We're extremely excited about the interest the community has in this project!

Just a quick clarification to the posting from Jens Didriksen above.  Currently, we are in-process with an EFT/Beta with select customers and internal groups.  While we cannot accommodate all customer requests, any customer interested in the trial should contact their Cisco representative to learn more about participation opportunities and criteria. 

Also, there is no public Beta planned beyond the customer EFT/Beta currently in-process.   First Customer Ship (FCS) is targeted for Q2 2012.

Thank you.

OK, however, that's not what I've been told by two different Cisco engineers.

jens

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable.

Jabber, Movi, Webex Connect, Cisco Unified Presence Client, CUWL, UCL etc

Confused, you betcha.

Meanwhile my customers are purchasing Lync.

Is there a postioning document for Jabber in the CUWL enabled enterprise?

Everything now falls under one client Jabber going forward whether it is IPhone, IPAD, Android, PC Mac. You can start here and then see the data sheets/use cases. There are numerous forums in the community that go further deep into the product from a technical perspective

http://www.cisco.com/web/products/voice/jabber.html

Thanks

Srini

any news yet on release date for jabber for ipad?

ArnaudC
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Jabber for iPad is planned to be available on the App Store before July.

Arnaud

12 days and counting!

I will believe it when I see it...oh wait when it INSTALLS on my iPad in six months

admin11111
Level 4
Level 4

Any day now!

admin11111
Level 4
Level 4

Bad news...just heard from our Cisco reps that it's been pushed back into July. Apparently Apple is being slow to approve the release...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: