Views
Helpful
Replies

Video Support on Jabber for Windows on Citrix VXI Desktop

danieltham
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I currently have Jabber for Windows installed on a Citrix VXI Desktop.  However, Jabber is not able to detect the webcam that is connected to my physical machine.  On the VXI preference, I have already allow it to use the microphone and webcam on my machine.  Audio call is working fine.

On the same machine, I have also installed Microsoft Lync and it was able to detect the webcam.

Is video supported on Jabber for Windows on Citrix VXI desktop?

Regards

Daniel                

5 Replies 5

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

No softphone functionality is supported in a VDI environment. The release notes state as much:

Cisco Jabber for Windows can be deployed in virtual environments using Citrix XenDesktop and Citrix XenApp:

• Citrix XenDesktop 5.0 or 5.5

• Citrix XenApp 5.0, 6.0, and 6.5 Enterprise Edition for Windows 2008 R2 64-bit, published desktop

In a virtual environment Cisco Jabber for Windows supports presence, instant messaging, and desk phone control.

The only supported route is to use the VXI 6215 thin-client which can register to CUCM directly. This allows the audio and video streams to exit locally at the client and not be backhauled over the ICA connection to the Citrix server.

Just to add something, bear in mind that even if it's supported on HVD, the 6215 uses CUPC and not jabber for the integration at this point in time. Jabber will be supported with the 6215 until later this year.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Is Jabber now supported on the 6215 in a UC deployment?  And if not do you know when it will be released?

Jonathan,

Reading that link it seems the table has been possibly been updated as I cannot see this statement you make:

No softphone functionality is supported in a VDI environment

OR

In a virtual environment Cisco Jabber for Windows supports presence, instant messgaing and deskphone control

where is this noted clearly please?

I am now confused.

Neil

Kannan Chitrai Pandian
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

In Virtual Environment, Will  Cisco Jabber on Windows Supports  Desktop Sharing,Video Conferencing, Visual Voicemail

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: