Level 5

Hi,

Do I need to login explicitly to get voicemail from jabber 

Thanks

4 Replies 4

Ammar Saood
Spotlight
Spotlight
it depends on you, whether you want explicit or automatic settings.
if your Unity Connection is integrated with AD like your CUCM. then you can use IMPresence credentials to use in Jabber service profile. this way jabber uses same credentials when connecting with Unity connection for Visual voicemail.

HTH
AMMAR SAOOD

plz mark answered and rate if helpful.

Hi,
My question is , in jabber why should I enter the same ad username password twice ,
One for logging in to the jabber and one for voicemail ?
If the uname and password are same why should i enter in two places in the same jabber
Thanks

Ammar actually answered your question already: if the user’s password is the same in CUCM/IM&P and CUC then you can configure the Service Profile to reuse the credentials supplied to login to Jabber for connecting to Phone Services and Voicemail. Practically speaking, the only way for the passwords to reliably be the same is if the user is LDAP-synchronized in both CUCM and CUC.
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/jabber/11_9/cjab_b_on-premises-deployment-for-cisco-jabber/cjab_b_on-premises-deployment-for-cisco-jabber_chapter_0110.html#JABW_TK_SD00460B_00

Hi,

In cisco jabber , shows voicemail not signed in .

my question is  why should i Explicitly sign in for voicemail , Why it is asking for the servername ?

How can I avoid  this 

Thanks 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: