Views
Helpful
Replies

Voice Mail not working properly!

AmanB
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Cisco Community,

I found out a weird problem when troubleshooting a Unified Collaboration System of an enterprise, that only a single 7965 IP phone can access the voice mail system (which shows the configuration is legit, we even reconfigured the whole system from scratch, but same results), while the other IP phones can not access the voice mail system, it keeps saying "The operator is not available". What could be the reason? Could it be any related license issue? Thank you in advance!

2 Replies 2

Its not a license issue . Looks like the calls  are not getting routed properly  to the user mailbox  and its going to Default operator.

What happens when they press the Voicemail Pilot Number or the voicemail button on the phone. Can you take the DNA and see the call flow.

Also if you can share more information regarding the CUCM and CUC integrations it will be great. If possible share the VM profile and pilot  screenshot.

Response Signature

For "Easy Message Access" (which is where the user presses the Messages button on their phone, CUCM sends a direct call to CUC, and CUC sends the caller to the Sign-In Conversation), the caller ID of the inbound direct call must match the extension of an existing voicemail box. If no voicemail box exists that matches the caller ID, then CUC will send the call to the Opening Greeting.

This means that the DN in CUCM needs to match the Extension in CUC. If they are different, then the Mask on the Voicemail Profile in CUCM can be used to modify the DN prior to sending it to CUC.

I would expect 'unidentified callers' to hear the Opening Greeting "Welcome to Unity Connection Messaging, if you know your party's extension....". On the Opening Greeting the After Greeting Action is set to transfer to the Operator Call Handler (which is the one that says "I'm sorry, no Operator is available...). Since your callers are hearing the Operator Standard Greeting immediately, it seems your Opening Greeting has been modified from the installation default.

Maren