cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Voice message waiting icon not showing until Jabber is closed/re-opened

hoffmann74
Level 1
Level 1

We are having an issue with Jabber (10.6 and 11.1.1 also we are on Unity 9.1.2 and a Windows 7 environment.) where when someone receives a voicemail, the indicator icon (red with a 1) and voicemail itself do not show up in Jabber. As soon as Jabber is closed and re-opened however, the icon and voicemail show up.

I've only found this bug for it - https://tools.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCue50882 but it is for 10.0(1)says no fix planned and I have not found others reporting having the same issue.

9 Replies 9

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The bug is for the DX series, I've had no problem with VM notification and I've used plenty of releases in my lab. Does it show the VMREST connection to CUC to be OK??

Are they in the same network??

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

They are in the same network. When I go to Connection Status in Jabber, it shows no issues with the VMREST and has a status of 'Connected.'

Softphone - Healthy
Protocol: SIP
Address: 10.xx.1.11 (CCMCIP)
Device:CSFmhoffmann
Line:3324

Deskphone - None
Protocol: CTI
Address: 10.xx.1.11 (CTI)

Deskphone Video - Informational
Reason:Deskphone video is not available in softphone mode.

Voicemail - Healthy
Address: 10.xx.1.13
Port: 443
Protocol: VMREST (HTTPS)

Presence - Healthy
Address: 10.xx.1.15
Protocol: XMPP
Port: 5222

Outlook address book - Healthy
Protocol: MAPI
Address: Outlook

Directory - Healthy
Address: 10.xx.1.11
Protocol: UDS (HTTPS)

If you have a physical phone with a shared line, does it properly lit the MWI??

HTH

java

Yes. No issues with deskphone MWI's.

As you mention, this is not a common problem, I couldn't find a lot while searching internally. I'd doublecheck all the settings required for Jabber to work properly are configured in CUC and check the VM config for Jabber.

You might want to reach TAC for further assistance to look at a PRT and VMREST logs to find out what might be the problem.

HTH

java

OK. I appreciate your looking into it.

Thanks. I will try the CUC 9.1(2) SU4 update and see if that resolves the issue.

Hello,

we have an issue with voice messagge notification icon on our Jabber (version 11.6.1)

the voice message notification (the red icon that notificate that there is a message on voicemail) work properly on our DX,  but on our Jabber Mobile in a shared line the notification icon doesn't work and when we call the VoiceMail on Jabber we found voice messanges.

CUC version 11.5.

Thanks.