Views
Helpful
Replies

Voice Ports, TTS and ASR Cisco Unity Connection 8.6

mdrangell22
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Guys

I would like to know what exactly does the voice port.

If I am right the voice port are the ones that connect CUC with CUCM and they are used every time that someone calls voicemail number or when a calls is sending to voicemail right? Also if I have a license to 20 voice port if there are 20 users using voicemail the 21 will not user the voicemail if he wants right?

Also what doest the TTS and ASR Licenses=LicAdvancedUserMax? I don't understand it. It is for Auto Attendant? The description says: Sets the maximum number of users who can use voice recognition but what device recognise the voice?

3 Replies 3

R0g22
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Pre 9.X, CUC has a lot of license attributes. "LicVoicePortsMax" was for voice ports.
TTS is Text to Speech. CUC ASR enables two things - speech enabled directory and user's mailbox. AFAIK, ASR does not speech enable call handlers.

Hello Nipum

Yes I know It used to be alot of licenses Prev 9.0 but I still don't understand TTS and ASR.

TTS is for translate a mail received in exchange to voicemail in cuc? and ASR= Automatic Speach Recognition is used only in AA. I mean when someone call to AA number he could uses his voice to directly call that person and not dial the AA's options? or when to use ASR?

TTS allows UM users to listen to their emails using their phone.
I have already highlighted what ASR enables in my previous post. Directory call handlers and user vm.