Views
Helpful
Replies

voice recording for jabber client

Melany Nolan
Level 1
Level 1

hi,

is there any voice recording solution for the jabber client via expressway E?

seems there is no solution around, is it not supported?

is it possible to use TCS to record the calls made by external jabber client?

thanks.

10 Replies 10

Viktor Novak
Level 1
Level 1

Use mirror ports (on expressway c) to recording all traffic.

Bridge option on jabber (via "expressway c e"  from outside) dos'n works.

So only passive recording is supported? Thank you.

1. Use span (no span-less\Bridge_option) ports (via "expressway c e"  from outside)

2. Use span-less\Bridge_option  and VPN access to connect from outside (without expressway).

Has anything changed, we have clients that need to record Jabber clients through Expressway.

Regards

Andri

Try to record conversations - mirror port Expressway-C to Record System.

Hello Viktor,

As yr method 1: actually, we could make all registration of Jabber through the Expressway-C & E and set all Jabber audio calls without ICE. Finally, the all  Jabber audio calls would flow to the Expressway-C & C, so we make the span port on the network port of Expressway-C, that is enough? Passive Recording? That must match the CDR of CallManager to show out the Recording info.?

As yr method 2: I am not understand how to recording Jabber on this method? The Span-Less\Bridge_Option with VPN? Jabber is not support cBridge?

Try to record conversations - mirror port Expressway-C to Record System.

Chi Fai Leung
Level 1
Level 1

Today, the Redbox look like can work on the softphone recording, Cisco Jabber and Skype for business ...
As the Cisco Jabber, you may set the CSSes to route in the recording call to Redbox

Do you know if you can setup call suppression when using a Jabber client? I  have a customer that uses RB and Cisco Jabber as a softphone. I was thinking that maybe we could setup a new Custom TAB with the RB URL, Username, Password and device details etc? 

Configure Media sense and associate recording profile on jabber number

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: