Views
Helpful
Replies

VXME Utilities stops CSF from registering

Cian OSullivan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We have the following environment and are trying to get VMXE utilities working.

CUCM - 8.6.2

CUPS - 8.6.4

Local PC - Win 7 x64 SP1

VMware View Client 5.1

HVD - Win 7 x64 SP1

Jabber for Windows - 9.2.1

VXME Utilities - 9.2.1

I've read the available documentation but we're still not clear on the software required on the local PC and HVD.

In our testing so far we have installed VXME 9.2.1 and J4W 9.2.1 on the HVD but the user's associated CSF device fails to register.  Help -> Connection Status shows "Not Connected, Connection Error.  Ensure the Server information.......".  A packet capture shows connectivity is fine as we see tftp requests etc.

Unistalling VXME Utilities allows the CSF to register again.

Anyone seen this before?

Thanks

2 Replies 2

capdynamics
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

Have you ever managed to get this resolved? I know this post is not recent, but we are stuck with them same problem and we could not find any hints leading us to a resolution.

Thanks!

kdotten36
Level 3
Level 3

It's frustrating how little information there is on this.  I don't think deploying a VDI environment is that far ahead of the game, but this VXME solution just doesn't work smoothly out of the box.

That being said, you likely need to install the Media Services Interface on your client machine, although that's nowhere to be found in the release notes for VXME 10.6.  I happened to have it installed from version 9 on my primary computer and stumbled across this problem again when I tried to deploy the latest on another PC.

You can find MSI under the Cisco Jabber for Windows version 10.5(5) section in Downloads.

Also try uninstalling everything, including Jabber, then install them in the right order (VXME on computer, VXME Agent on VM, Cisco Jabber on VM).  All versions 10.6 must match.  I got away without using MSI on my laptop just now.

Let me know how it works out for you.