cancel
Announcements

Views
Helpful
Replies
elmenyo
Beginner

WARNING: Ungraceful shutdown detected >>CUCM v12.5 SU4

I have a CUCM cluster with IMP and CUC, the site had a power outage.

and then all server nodes have shown these alerts

"

WARNING: Ungraceful shutdown detected - A rebuild of this node is highly recommended to ensure no negative impact (such as configuration or file system corruption). For rebuild instructions, see the installation guide.

"

alert.PNG

 Do I need to rebuild all nodes again, or is there a workaround to eliminate these alerts?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
elmenyo
Beginner

Thanks all of you for your answers,

I have opened a case with Cisco TAC and I will share his answers with you:

Q:But if the servers were working fine, could I continue with same installation without doing the process of rebuilding new servers?

A: No, you can not continue, by TAC it will be considered as unsupported.

Q:Also, can I clear these alerts that comes to GUI ?

A:no, not possible

Q:Last question, can I take a copy for the VMs and used them to be restored if the servers hit the ungraceful shutdown again ?

A: It is possible to take cold snapshot via vmware (after shutting down the system).

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
Nithin Eluvathingal
VIP Advisor

We used to have Ungraceful shutdown  in our data centers, But never seen such a warning on our CUCM  12.5 SU1.

I Would recommend to contact TAC to verify your system and confirm everything is good.

Response Signature

Jaime Valencia
Hall of Fame Cisco Employee

See here

Enhancement for GUI and CLI Notification of Unexpected Shutdowns in CVOS
CSCva87117
HTH

java

if this helps, please rate
Vaijanath Sonvane
VIP Advocate

This is something new which is added in new versions. Recently I had unity connection publisher go down unexpectedly. After I powered it on, GUI didn't show this warning message but CLI did. I performed system verification and tests to make sure all the features that are configured working or not. All the database replication, diagnose test, cluster status etc. looked good and so far I did not hear any issues from users. In your case, make sure all the features and functionalities are working or not. And as @Nithin Eluvathingal mentioned, open Cisco TAC case if you want more clarification or recommendation from TAC Team.

Please rate helpful posts and if applicable mark "Accept as a Solution".
Thanks, Vaijanath S.

hi dear @elmenyo 

if you have backup your server with Veeam-Backup-Solution,

i suggest you do delete currently cucm vm, and Restore your last backup,

this is best way to make sure your cucm will working properly again..

(HTH)

(if this helps, please rate..)

Mohammadreza Hadi
elmenyo
Beginner

Thanks all of you for your answers,

I have opened a case with Cisco TAC and I will share his answers with you:

Q:But if the servers were working fine, could I continue with same installation without doing the process of rebuilding new servers?

A: No, you can not continue, by TAC it will be considered as unsupported.

Q:Also, can I clear these alerts that comes to GUI ?

A:no, not possible

Q:Last question, can I take a copy for the VMs and used them to be restored if the servers hit the ungraceful shutdown again ?

A: It is possible to take cold snapshot via vmware (after shutting down the system).

View solution in original post

jherlitzke
Beginner

I have been noticing this with 3 of my customers now that have had un graceful shutdowns and I have to rebuild everything.  Pushed them into finally replacing their UPS systems we have been recommending...

I wish this wasn't added, as I agree, everything is working as normal, but that message will never go away and then TAC won't support.

Good to read in other comments that this was new with the latest updates.

Kathy N.
Engager

We have the same issue but TAC did NOT say it would not support us if we didn't rebuild the servers.  We were told it is a message that was newly introduced in 12.5.1 SU4. Since rebuilding a system after a power outage has never been indicated previously and is a significant action to take when no problems appear to be present, we are not rebuilding our servers.  We have an open enhancement request with Cisco TAC to provide a way to clear this alert and are living with the notice in the meantime.

Response Signature

Jaime Valencia
Hall of Fame Cisco Employee

There is a bug for a tool which would check the system and might provide the ability to remove the message

Tool to check for Database and File System integrity after Ungraceful Shutdown or Restart
CSCvy68211
HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

I looked up that bug, but it states there is currently no tool..

https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCvy68211

Kathy N.
Engager

Checked that link and it says a Tool is needed.  The link above goes to a request to create a tool and says that currently there is no work around.

Response Signature

jeremy.worden
Beginner

FYI: I got the same error on our lab server running 14.0.1.10000-20. I just upgraded it to the latest beta, 14.0.1.11900-57 and the error message went a way.

@jeremy.worden  are we entitled to share such information on a public forum ? Hope you signed  NDA when you applied for beta program. 

Response Signature

Content for Community-Ad