cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Webex beeping when not in use

j_bln
Level 1
Level 1

I use the webex app for chat with colleagues, meetings, calls etc. My headphones are plugged into my laptop. 

When not in use, every now and then I hear a beep through the headphones, it is not a notification for anything, just a random beep. It also happens occasionally when I'm on a call with a colleague. It is very distracting. Is there a way to turn this off, why is it doing it?

Thanks

2 Replies 2

AOwald
Level 1
Level 1

I noticed this went unanswered and only came into seeing this as someone I was supporting reported having this same issue. 

In her case, the beeping only started a day or so ago. There were some systems issues that had been encountered prior, but aside from that, no changes were made. Ever since then, the user would hear beeping only when they weren't on a call that would repeat on an interval of every 5 seconds or so. 

Also to help gauge the context - she wasn't using a wireless headset and we were able to confirm that it was WebEx that was generating the beeping because when shut WebEx off (closed out from WebEx), the beeping stopped; when she opened it back up, it resumed.

I instructed her to do a WebEx Reset [Profile Circle> Help > Health Checker > Reset]. After she did this and logged back in, the beeping was gone. My guess is that something in the local config got messed up that they generated this beeping. Recollecting the configuration again helped neutralize the beeping.

Fritz_H
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

@j_bln
I recently purchased a new Headset which sends a beep through the headphones every time I press any of the buttons on the remote-control (volume up/down, connect/disconnect or mute/unmute).

Is there any chance that you experience something similar?