Views
Helpful
Replies

Webex Bubble suggestion in Jabber FW 9.0.4

jdarbonnel
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Jabber Team and All,

I just to test the last Jabber build 9.0.4 and i'm very happy to have the Webex escalation from Chat windows; It works fine and i find it faster as compared to CUPC.

Anyway i give you a "look&field" feedback regarding the webex button, most people are accustomed to see the classic icon webex, is it possible to have the bubble webex ( Green/Blue)  ?

I attached a screenshot in order to give you an idea of my suggestion.

regards

1 Reply 1

Mark Congiusta
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Thanks for the feedback and we understand the issue that you raise. The reason we went with the flat WebEx icon is that we are trying to avoid mixing metaphors in our control areas (pictographic iconography vs. photorealistic iconography). When we mocked up our UI using the multi-colored WebEx ball it overwhelmed the rest of the controls and caused some usability problems.

We are currently in the process of reconfiguring the share/WebEx UI at the top of the screen to address this problem by consolidating all of the share options into a drop down menu with text labels that will make the available options much clearer and avoid any confusion in terms of icon meaning.

Look for this updated UI in a post 9.1 release.

Mark

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: