Views
Helpful
Replies

WebEx : Cannot Connect to Audio or Video

Bryan Wulfric
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

I'm running CWMS version 2.5 MR6. I'm using public-signed certificate (DigiCert) for CWMS. There are some users using Windows XP SP 3 can browse to WebEx Site URL without certificate error. But when the users try to start or join meeting, it shows Cannot Connect to Audio or Video : You cannot connect to audio or video because the security certificate for your WebEx site is not trusted.

Some other users using Windows XP SP3 can start or join meeting without problem. Does anybody have any idea?

Thanks.

4 Replies 4

bvanturn
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Windows XP is not supported for CWMS 2.5:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/collaboration/CWMS/2_5/Planning_Guide/Planning_Guide/Planning_Guide_chapter_01100.html#reference_71EE5F550E5D4E89B982F64F16DCD0C2

Overall: check if the intermediate certificate has been installed on CWMS, make sure the root cert is up to date on the PC, check that the PC is capable of checking for certificate revocation list (CRL) as listed in your certificate.

Thanks,

Bruno

Hi Bruno, There are some Windows XP that can connect to the Audio and Video normally. I'm sure that i've uploaded the intermediate certificate to the server. I've also checked that the root certificate in the PC is up to date. How to check that the PC is capable of checking CRL? Thanks.

In the server and intermediate cert there may be CRL Distribution Points entry. You can try if you can access that by using the browser. You could also take a sniffer trace to see what happens on the network when you get the error message.

CSmyr
Level 1
Level 1

I had the same exact problem and eventually found out that the problem was that the time on my computer was set wrong. This was the reason that there was a certificate problem.

The solution was to set the correct time.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: