cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WebEx cwms version 2.0 - participants overriding host's mute request

diane.dinsmore
Level 1
Level 1

Is there a way for a WebEx meeting host to mute all participants AND prevent them from un-muting themselves individually?

4 Replies 4

dpetrovi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Diane,

Since CWMS includes only Meeting Center type of meeting template (collaborative template), it is not possible to mute all participants without them being able to unmute.

This behavior is built into WebEx SaaS Webinar meeting templates, but is not available in CWMS.

Kind regards,

-Dejan

diane.dinsmore
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you for your response.

Do you know if this feature (the capability of disallowing individual un-mutes) will be added to a future version of the software? Is there  a defect # assigned?

Hi Diane,

At this time there are no plans to add different meeting templates to CWMS, and there is no feature request submitted for this specific capability.

If you would like to see this specific feature added, the best way is to clearly define the exact specification of the feature and share it with your Cisco Account Manager. Cisco Account Manager can then submit a feature request to Product Management team, which will then evaluate it for possible inclusion in the future release.

I hope this helps.

-Dejan

Ross131054
Level 1
Level 1

My grandson is doing remote learning and it is constantly being disrupted by students un-muting themselves after being muted by the teacher. It would be brilliant if the teacher could mute all students and suppress their ability to un-mute so the sessions are not being constantly interrupted by noisy un-muted students.

This feature was particularly needed today when there was a joint, multi-class, grade 1/2, session with over 60 students. I could only catch bits of the instructions the teacher was trying to give us. I contacted her about the issue and she said that as fast as she can mute students,  some students un-mute themselves, so she is simply unable to keep up.

This feature is an absolute requirement when dealing with children. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: