cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WebEx: is it possible to change the entry announcement option between recurring meetings

diane.dinsmore
Level 1
Level 1

Is it possible to set up a recurring meeting (using WebEx through Outlook), use one type of entry announcement on, say, the first meeting, and then change the type of entry announcement for the subsequent meetings?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

dpetrovi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Diane,

I assume you are asking about Cisco WebEx Meetings Server (CWMS) and not WebEx SaaS. CWMS has two places where you can configure Meeting entry announcements:

1. Global setting for the system (this is applied by default to all the user profiles): Settings > Audio > Telephony entry and exit tone

2. Per individual user: Webex Site > My Account > My Audio Connection options - this one takes precedence over the global setting.

Now, you can't configure this preference on per meeting basis. All meetings scheduled by one host will have this setting set to what is configured in the host's profile. 

If you schedule a recurrent meeting when your profile is configured to use Beep, all the meetings in the series will have Beep as the announcement. Even if the host changes this setting in the profile, already scheduled meetings will have the old setting. The only way to change it is to reschedule the series with a new setting configured in the host's profile.

I hope this helps.

-Dejan

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

dpetrovi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Diane,

I assume you are asking about Cisco WebEx Meetings Server (CWMS) and not WebEx SaaS. CWMS has two places where you can configure Meeting entry announcements:

1. Global setting for the system (this is applied by default to all the user profiles): Settings > Audio > Telephony entry and exit tone

2. Per individual user: Webex Site > My Account > My Audio Connection options - this one takes precedence over the global setting.

Now, you can't configure this preference on per meeting basis. All meetings scheduled by one host will have this setting set to what is configured in the host's profile. 

If you schedule a recurrent meeting when your profile is configured to use Beep, all the meetings in the series will have Beep as the announcement. Even if the host changes this setting in the profile, already scheduled meetings will have the old setting. The only way to change it is to reschedule the series with a new setting configured in the host's profile.

I hope this helps.

-Dejan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: