Replies

Webex meeting cannot start or Join with security certificate issue

APZ SA
Level 1
Level 1

We see the pop windows everytime when create a meeting or join a meeting

The detailed information is : 

Cannot Start or join meeting

You cannot start or join this meeting because we cannot validate the security certificate for you webex site. This error may occur because we cannot access the digital signature site. you firewall has blocked external access to revocation server, or there is a problem connecting to the network.

SSL certificate content

There is 2 option. 

Connect Anyway and Don't Connect.

If we click on Connect anyway button , still can get in the meeting.

Not sure what happens.

20 Replies 20

Hi, what can we do for user out of corporation, I think as a workaround we can provide the certs so they can join the meeting but what would be the best solution? we installed a public SSL certificates and some internal corporate users were having issues when they tied to join meeting, as a workaround we provided the certificates that the CA authority provided us so they can install it in their PC, but for non corporate users what we can do our CA id digicert, thanks 

APZ SA
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All,

Thanks for you suggest, the issue has been fixed, the issue was cause by the proxy settings. 

we are using the pac files to let system auto select the proxy. after manual point to correct proxy server the webex site are no issue find.

Thanks all

Hello all,

we are about to switch a customer from WBS30 to 31. Our customer does not have a CWMS and uses the hosted webex.com with a personalized WBS.

As our customer interacts with certain branches who are not part of their infrastructure, the branches experience the same issue as shown in the entry post. However I attached it here again as it occours.

The access to the customer.webex.com happens without any cert issues. When using the TFS and entering the session, the participant gets the cert messag. Clicking connect anyway enables to participate. However this message irritates the user and the issue must be solved.

Do we have to seek for the mentioned points like proxy or firewall?

Additional Question: When the client launches, does it make use of the browsers certs stored or the operating system one. What is the TFS clients destination for the cert as the customer.webex.com does not show any issues when entered.

TIA.

EDIT:

Problem solved. The culprit obviously seems to be the proxy. Another test was succesful when the communication is ok via proxy.

I am using this WebEx meeting to join the classroom for my grade3 child, I join with Id number provided my school. Morning 2classes went fine from 3rd class problem started ,saying insecure connection  . If I select option connect anyways I can only c the video but I can't hear to be Audio of the class going on it's very frustrating. I logged in from my lenova tab,, so using same I'd I joined in my hand phone . Here also same  error window popped with same message, earlier when I  faced same pblm,

I reboot it worked. Other time remove nd  I re installed it worked but I'm fed up. Today I not reboot nor reinstalled but try to rejoin. Again nd again but same error message pops .today it not respond on different  devicesi but t will work tomorrow properly.but y suddenly this  issues  pops nd goes of by itself. is it a bug ??? But it's very frustuating nd confusing

M Reza Hadi
Level 1
Level 1

hi dear @APZ SA 

we had this issue too

after many searches, i found out our CA-Cert-Issuer is not trusted by the Webex at all..

our customer use "Sectigo" certs, and "Sectigo" company is not in trusted list of webex system

but most of our customers use "Certum" certs and they are fine and no problem

so, check if your cert issuer is in trusted list of webex or not?..

..if this (helps) or (answered your question), please click (Helpful) or (Accept as Solution)..

karen.wang
Level 1
Level 1

We got same issue for the new computers in our organization. 

We has proxy and for TLSI in our network we applied URL to be bypassed for meetings media traffic is : *mcs*.webex.com, *cb*.webex.com and *mcc*.webex.com 

The issue has occured since Nov 2023 and we found it is only happen on new build computers not related with version of webex app.

I'd like to know does Cisco added any new URL which need to be bypassed?