cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Webex meeting chat equivalent on webex teams?

Ekaterina Coker
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

for pc clients, webex has a chat function that allows me to send messages to all or some participants. is there an equivalent feature to send chat messages to the participants of a webex team meeting?

If participants on the webex meeting are sending chats, will i see them if i join meeting through webex teams?

12 Replies 12

skilambi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Nope chat function in Webex has no interop with Teams chat. However the workflow should be that you join the meeting via Teams and use that UI for both meetings/chat so everyone stays in the same UI. I realize you may have external folks join on Webex and not Teams but thats the workflow intended i.e. stay inside Teams and launch Webex inside Teams

Where is the chat UI within Webex Teams while joined to a WebEx meeting?  I only have Video, Share Screen, Participants and More (which only contains dialpad) controls.  How do I chat with others who are joined to the meeting via Webex Teams?  Will that option only appear if two or more people are using Teams?

Any updates on this? It makes a hard case to use WebEx Teams to join WebEx meetings when I can't participate on the chat conversations. It appears I need to have two apps for this.

Did not understand you please help me

But, you didn't answer the question about having a chat function within a Webex Teams meeting. The chat function is what is wanted. This chat function is in Webex Meetings so, why not in Webex Teams meetings. If you are in Webex Teams meeting how can you visual see and use the standard chat facility that is already in Webex Teams?

Marilyn
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I'm sorry to see this answer. I am trying to get used to Webex Teams, but I really like the Chat feature of Webex Meetings. It's very helpful for sharing links to references with the attendees, for example. Or for notifying the meeting host that a certain line is noisy and needs to be muted.

netizenden
Level 1
Level 1

Yes, disappointing response from 2 years ago, and evidently no resolution, since I just ran into this issue last week for the first time.  Unless the UI of Teams opened the webex meeting inside the teams app - maintaining the Teams chat function and (somehow) associating it with the specific meeting - this is a huge design flaw.  This may just be the nail in the coffin of WT, especially since our company is rolling out Slack to our 170K+ employees worldwide.  Cisco - might be a good time to spin off webex while you still can.  Remember Flip?

As Cisco continues to push users toward the new Webex (formally Teams) Client.  I would have thought this would have been a priority to add into the new rebranded client.  The feature not being available in the Webex client is going to be a barrier to migrating our user community from Meetings to Webex.  I have opened a TAC case and they did log a feature request on my behalf.  Not sure how far that will go or how fast they react to these type of requests, but I would suggest anyone that has the same concerns do the same.  

MKrassnitzer
Level 1
Level 1

Very disappointing - the missing chat (and polling, and and and btw) in webex teams meetings is still there - feb. 2021. The functional gap between meetings joined via teams or desktop app is confusing our users. Is there a way to send out a meeting invitation that forces the users to use desktop app? so that all participants in a meeting can use chat and polling?

I am trying to get used to Webex Teams, but I really like the Chat feature.

Webex Meetings lets you host online meetings with HD video, audio, and screen sharing. Webex Teams keeps your teams connected through messaging, file sharing, whiteboarding, and calling.

wireman84
Level 1
Level 1

Still seems to be no Chat button in Webex "teams" client (Version: 43.5.0.26155).  I get a Webex link from Cisco TAC, connect with my customer and Cisco TAC, and have NO, NONE, NO Chat functionality for the meeting.  I can right click and chat to Cisco TAC engineers and this shifts from meeting to Webex "teams" UI.  But I cannot see any group chatting to everyone to me and do not have the ability to send to everyone from me.  I am a guest, so is my customer, Cisco is hosting the meeting.

I do see the meeting Webex "teams" but that does not do much good...  I kind of expected to see chats there, but NO!

wireman84_0-1686262135502.png

I have changed meeting window layout to every one.  Checked under every ellipsis "...", no Chat button or option!

The last Webex "teams" upgrade removed Webex Meetings.  I am going out to see if I can find again.

Seems like something major is missing here!!!