Views
Helpful
Replies

Webex Meeting Server (CWMS) v1.0.1.6a Qns

kinwai
Level 1
Level 1

How to restart or shutdown the server?

I found out that by bring the server to maintenance mode and out of maintenance mode, the server will restart.

However, after putting the server to maintenance mode. I should be able to press some buttons to shutdown the servers right?

How to delete users after I added them?

How to add recording capablity to user?

When I access the recording tab while in user page, it says "Your account does not have this feature turned on. Contact your administrator for further support."

I have mounted the NFS share. Inside the folder i can see .Temp and test.tmp. I supposed it's created by webex to test whether it can write into the mountpoint.

5 Replies 5

trdavid
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

hi Kinwai.

how to delete users:

you can deactivate users. users cannot be deleted. Make sure you change their e-mail address to a bogus one so that you can eventually assign the true address to a new user. however, the e-mail address can only be associated to one user.

recording capability:

in admin, navigate to settings>meetings, make sure 'record' option is active and checked inj privilege section. If this is not the case, ake sure storage server is configured: system>configuration>servers>storage server

use vSphere to power off the machine. FYI, turning mainetannce mode off, determines an immediate reboot.

You can sign back into the Administration site after restart is complete

hope this can help.

Does this means there is not way to delete the user at the moment?

I'm not sure if anything went wrong but my dummy user e-mail address is gray out (either in active or deactivated state) . There's no way to modify their e-mail address.

For recording,i got my first system snapshot ran sucessfully. Therefore there shouldn't be any issue with the nfs. However, after checking the "recording" option under settings>meetings (got it checked all the while actually). I still recieve the same message that "Your account does not have this feature turned on. Contact your administrator for further support."

For shutting down the VM, yes "shutdown host" works!

hi kinwai,

you're welcome.

see the edit above for errata corrige. no way to modify e-mail address.

recording issue may need further troubleshooting. I suggest you direct yourself to TAC.

thank you.

Tim Passinos
Level 1
Level 1

Anyone know what the default username(email) and password for initial login is?

Hi Tim,

This you setup during install, initital config of CWMS.

HTH

Arun